I've got pips! **AND CHICKS!! PIX :D

I've got a blond chick
big_smile.png

2741026743_dd8f5d7875.jpg

No other updates. The other two pips have cracked the shell enough for pieces to fall off, but there's only a pin hole in the membrane. They're moving a little bit, so I hope they're still alive in there. The membranes look solid white.

Hmm... My chick is starting to dry off, but I'm getting that weird crusting again, like the last hatch. I dry incubated this time and my humidity's sitting around 50-53%. Is it a humidity issue? She's got a few fluffy feathers, but the other's are 'hard shelling'. What should I do?

My 3 year old has named her Boo Boo Chicken... from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
lol.png

Nevermind, she's starting to fluff up more, it's just the middle of her back. She hatched with snot all over her.

#2 is zipping
big_smile.png
It's not day 21 until after 6pm today, so we're doing good so far.

AHHH they are so cute - I want my eggs to hurry up now! (I still have a week left) That 2nd one looks red on top and blonde on the bottom. She also looks very alert! Very cute! I like the little bits of shell stuck to the other ones bum - the OCD in me wants to pick them off!

Congrats - can't wait to see more pictures!

Quote:
What was your average humidity day 1 - 18? I think 50% is enough for 18-21...that sounds good. The do look quite wet.

I kept the humidity 30-36% days 1-18.

#3 is zipping right now
big_smile.png
From Justusnak's eggs on Day 20.

Back
Top Bottom