I've had it! I give up!

melissastraka

Songster
10 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Hoquiam, WA
I cannot sex my SLW for the life of me!
he.gif
I have caught them, which was no small feat but funny for my neighbors to watch, and i am lost! I have some with red combs but no pointy feathers on the back of their necks.
rant.gif
I have some with pale combs but pointy feathers...
hit.gif
I am going to lose it!!! I will try to get a picture of some of them but they are everywhere and then when i find out what they are, i wont be able to tell them apart again
he.gif
Help Help Help!!!!

Catch them and take pics, but keep them penned till you get your answers. Then band them with one color for girls and one for boys. If you don't have bands, use colored zip ties, just make sure not to put them too tight.

Lisa

From the BYC Rules:
* Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.

Please stick to specific advice relevant to the topic presented in the original post. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a Staff member. Thank you for understanding. ~Lisa~

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the OP was in any way saying this is a huge life-altering problem, rancher. Just a frustrating one. No need to try and make them feel bad for asking a question.

I think peeps idea of keeping them penned in one area or box until you can figure it out is a good one. The zip ties are also a great idea.

Please accept my apology. I should not have been so flipit with my response. The truth is, if you've been paying attention to the news and I'm sure you have. I was just in a mood over my personal economic situation and thought I wish that was my biggest problem. I've been downsized and I just having one of those days. I have a number of friends who are going through some difficult times. I'm sure we'll be fine. I am sincerely sorry. I do know better. Please forgive me. I do realize this is not the site for this kind of stuff, it won't happen again.
Rancher

I have some like that though not the same breeds I always end up keeping them so long they become a part of our ranch, then we have to find more hens or roos (depending) so they have the right amount of friends LOL
Good luck.
And Farmer didnt read what you wrote before but, thank you for being a good person and saying you where sorry. It talks a stand up person to admit they have wronged someone. I to am sorry times are hard for you right now, we wish for you to have better days.

Back
Top Bottom