I've heard of beng lazy but come on.....

Chickiemom25

Songster
8 Years
May 13, 2011
North Alabama
My youngest girl is about 10 weeks and getting lazier. She runs if I walk towards her so I know her legs work, but seriously she seems to be getting lazier She likes to lay down and eat at the feeder but while I was watching her this after noon,she was laying in the garden and eating, and would scoot along without standing up to get more pellets. The other 3 girls ranging from 12 weeks to 12 months all stand and eat. Should I be concerned?

adgcountrygirl

Songster
9 Years
Jun 5, 2011
North Central Texas
My Coop
Does this one also happen to be the "runt" of her group? I have one that sits to eat, but she was traumatized and nearly died, so as long as she is growing and able to walk and run, I let her be. I would check for bumble foot or bumble leg... Check with Fred's Hens. He's got lots of experience and a very wide range of knowledge when it comes to chickens. If anyone on BYC gives several different solutions, I look for Fred's advice first. If you don't like his solution, inevitably you will find someone on BYC who raises chickens with similar ideas to you. I'm not saying I agree with Fred on every single thing, but the man knows the business and that's a fact.

Top Bottom