Ive never seen a chick comb like this. What type of comb is it? I don’t know the breed. It was supposed to be a Jersey Giant but isnt.

That didn't comb to mind. I didn't realize carnation combs had points on the sides of the back of the comb, that stood straight out.

They typically just looked like slightly oversized single combs.

I happened to be familiar with them because I was planning on buying Empordenesas but Welp discontinued them. :(

It was in the bin with the Jersey Giant pullets at tractor supply. I’m thinking that whatever it was, its bin had run low so they put them all in the same one. I’ve heard they get their chicks from Hoovers, but I haven’t been able yo identify it. This was it last week.
Probably just sprigs then, they wouldn't have any crosses with V combs

I think that's an Egyptian Fayoumis chick with a messed up, though really cool, comb. Sounds too random of a breed to be in that bin but these things have to happen some weird way. I am raising up 2 of these right now, hatched last month. They're really distinctive looking but neither of mine have that comb, just a straight comb.

I do hope you post pictures as it grows. I have no idea what it is apart from very cool looking.
IMG_5245.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom