I've read this a thousand times...

If read as a whole it seems clear to me that they wouldn't be allowed.
If you're unsure common sense says to call and ask.
If this is a case of i don't want to hear their answer but want to use their words against them to claim its within my rights to then contact a lawyer and get their opinion.

I didn't see were it said not chickens, I saw no roaming animals, and animals must be kept in sanitary, rodent free, clean, orderless cages but never saw no chickens. I could be reading it wrong though. Is there someone you can call OP and ask? The messages in the article were definitely unclear.

I didn't see were it said not chickens, I saw no roaming animals, and animals must be kept in sanitary, rodent free, clean, orderless cages but never saw no chickens. I could be reading it wrong though. Is there someone you can call OP and ask? The messages in the article were definitely unclear.
I did call the city, and the girl that answered said she wasn't sure, but her neighbor has chickens.🥴🙄

If read as a whole it seems clear to me that they wouldn't be allowed.
If you're unsure common sense says to call and ask.
If this is a case of i don't want to hear their answer but want to use their words against them to claim its within my rights to then contact a lawyer and get their opinion.
Geez, I got on your wrong side. I read the entire code and it didn't read that way to me, my husband, my uncle, or my landlord...called the city and the girl said she wasn't sure, but that her neighbor had chickens.

It’s pretty clear that it does state no chickens are allowed. Don't you just love legalese? And “helpful” people? 🤣 I would call again and ask maybe the health inspector or the animal control officer. Clearly the lady who answered the phone was not helpful.
It says you can have birds such as parakeets as pets, but definitely no chickens or the like.

It sounds like you really want to get some chickens no matter how the law was intended, so go get yourself a few birds and see what happens.

The worst thing they can do is fine you and make you get rid of the birds.

I would bet, if no one complains, you can keep chickens. Talk to all your neighbors and see what they think. You should be able to judge who would call in the fuzz and who really doesn't care. Then make an educated decision.

It sounds like you really want to get some chickens no matter how the law was intended, so go get yourself a few birds and see what happens.

The worst thing they can do is fine you and make you get rid of the birds.

I would bet, if no one complains, you can keep chickens. Talk to all your neighbors and see what they think. You should be able to judge who would call in the fuzz and who really doesn't care. Then make an educated decision.
Exactly. The reason for no chickens is to keep people happy. They think that people will think there to loud etc, etc. As long as no one complains, (you work something out with your neighbors) I think you will be just fine!

Geez, I got on your wrong side. I read the entire code and it didn't read that way to me, my husband, my uncle, or my landlord...called the city and the girl said she wasn't sure, but that her neighbor had chickens.
Lol. No you didn't get on my bad side. Just keeping real in a blunt way.

The way it reads to me is you can't have them outside or in an outside enclosure but if you keep "fowl" as a "household pet" then it's okay, however they can not be "noisy" i.e. a rooster. Is there a separate section regarding zoning for your residence that may be under different regulations?
Actually I read it again, in 2-109(c) it includes fowl, which is defined as including chickens. It seems that you can keep them in a clean enclosure (outdoors) as defined in section 2-113.

Back
Top Bottom