Ivermax pour-on for chickens

Silkiechicken66

Songster
6 Years
Jul 22, 2016
Has anyone ever used this specific kind for chicken mites? If so, how well did it work and what dosage did you use?

Attachments

• BE47A963-FE1B-4172-813B-518F79676745.jpeg
    BE47A963-FE1B-4172-813B-518F79676745.jpeg
    312.8 KB · Views: 56
We use this on our cattle all the time, however it is applied according to the weight of the animal. It doesn’t take a lot for a cow, so if you want to try it on your chickens I would suggest using a spray bottle and lightly spray on their back and wait a week before a second application. You should be able to tell within a day or two that it is working. You may not need an additional application.

Ivermectin pour on 5 mg per ml dosage is 0.1 ml for every 2 pounds of weight. This can help treatment of lice and scaly leg mites. Repeat in 14 days. I will ask @casportpony and @dawg53 if they think that this is still the best treatment for mites. Many use permethrin spray or powder for mites, and repeat in 7 days.

Ivermectin pour on 5 mg per ml dosage is 0.1 ml for every 2 pounds of weight. This can help treatment of lice and scaly leg mites. Repeat in 14 days. I will ask @casportpony and @dawg53 if they think that this is still the best treatment for mites. Many use permethrin spray or powder for mites, and repeat in 7 days.
I’ve used de and permethrin with no success. So I was wanting to try ivermectin, but not without input first.

The key with treating external parasites is not only treating the chickens, but the coop, roosts and nest boxes as well. Coops and nest boxes must be completely cleaned out and sprayed or dusted. If you dont clean out the coop, birds can still get lice/mites.
I have not heard of any lice/mite resistance after using Permethrin dust or liquid.

I've used Ivermectin Pour On in the past. I quit using it due to its ineffectiveness treating large roundworms. I've used it for treating mites and luckily it was still effective. There are areas in the U.S. where it has become ineffective treating all different kinds of mites in poultry due to its overuse.
Ivermectin Pour On should be applied on bare skin on the back of the neck using a syringe without a needle. It is effective for 30 days and has a long withdrawal period.
You still have to treat the coop, but not with Ivermectin.
@Eggcessive has provided dosing information.

The key with treating external parasites is not only treating the chickens, but the coop, roosts and nest boxes as well. Coops and nest boxes must be completely cleaned out and sprayed or dusted. If you dont clean out the coop, birds can still get lice/mites.
I have not heard of any lice/mite resistance after using Permethrin dust or liquid.

I've used Ivermectin Pour On in the past. I quit using it due to its ineffectiveness treating large roundworms. I've used it for treating mites and luckily it was still effective. There are areas in the U.S. where it has become ineffective treating all different kinds of mites in poultry due to its overuse.
Ivermectin Pour On should be applied on bare skin on the back of the neck using a syringe without a needle. It is effective for 30 days and has a long withdrawal period.
You still have to treat the coop, but not with Ivermectin.
@Eggcessive has provided dosing information.
Thank you. I’ve been treating the coop and everything the chicken comes in contact with. I spray everything down with permethrin.

Back
Top Bottom