Ivermectin cause a messy bum

AshliMal

Chirping
Jul 5, 2021
Hi! We had (I am using past tense in hopes that this is over) a lice and mite issue. I believe it was ivermectin we were given One drop on the back of the neck (we have silkies so our vet suggested one drop only and repeat 7-10 days). Today one of our girls has a messy bum ... she isn’t the cleanest girl ever, we have had to trim a feather or two in the past but this is quite messy ... is it possible Ivermectin gave her a messy bum? She is also under a bit kore stress than usual, as we added two new flock members and she is tired from having to peck them anytime they come near her. Any help would be appreciated!
thanks

I should add, we cleaned her up and there is not prolapse, I don’t think it is gleet and she laid a healthy egg today.
she is around 2 years old.

Ivermectin pour on 5 mg per ml liquid dosage is 0.1 ml for every 2 pounds of weight. Then it is repeated in 14 days. It is pretty good for lice treatment and some mites. If that is not effective, permethrin spray or garden dust are very good used at least twice 7-10 days apart. Runny poops can be caused by many possible things, such as diet, drinking more water in hot weather, or infections. I don’t know of any reason that ivermectin would cause runny poops or a messy bottom. You might want to give her some probiotics in her food 2-3 times per week. Trimming of excess fluff along with an occasional warm wash can help to clean up the vent area.

Ivermectin pour on 5 mg per ml liquid dosage is 0.1 ml for every 2 pounds of weight. Then it is repeated in 14 days. It is pretty good for lice treatment and some mites. If that is not effective, permethrin spray or garden dust are very good used at least twice 7-10 days apart. Runny poops can be caused by many possible things, such as diet, drinking more water in hot weather, or infections. I don’t know of any reason that ivermectin would cause runny poops or a messy bottom. You might want to give her some probiotics in her food 2-3 times per week. Trimming of excess fluff along with an occasional warm wash can help to clean up the vent area.
Thank you!
i was hoping it was the Ivermectin and not something more. Today wasn’t particularly warm but we did start introducing two new flock members (after quarantine) today ... it may have stressed her a bit too much.

Back
Top Bottom