Ivermectin for ducks and where to buy?!?

Birdman1583

Hatching
Jun 2, 2020
I've read a lot about giving ducks ivermectin for gapeworms and giving it to them orally but all I can find online is injectable, pour on, and paste. If anyone can help me get in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

And are you sure its gape in the first place? There are a few other more common problems that should be considered first like heat stress, or possibly a respiratory infection.

And are you sure its gape in the first place? There are a few other more common problems that should be considered first like heat stress, or possibly a respiratory infection.

I've done tons of research and everything I've read points to gape worm. I could be wrong but Everytime she quacks she coughs a couple times after and acts like something is in her throat, she acts normal doesn't appear to be sick she just has a decent cough

Ivermectin does not treat gapes according to a couple of studies I have read. If you want to treat gapeworms, use Safeguard or Valbazen

Safeguard - 0.14 ml per pound for 5 consecutive days.
Valbazen - 0.08 ml per pound for 3 consecutive days.

So I found safeguard at our local tractor supply but it's for goats but it's the only liquid I could find, would that be alright? Thanks for the info!

Could you post a video?

I will have to take one in the morning, but when she gets excited when I come outside she quacks and coughs or sneezes after it sounds more like a cough but it's only when she quacks loud, and sometimes she coughs four or five times. I've had ducks for my whole life and never seen this in a duck

Back
Top Bottom