ivermectin for worms and mites?

i feel so dirty. gonna do half at a time , alternate days. ran out of vaseline already. there is no feeling like rubbing slimy goo up and down a chickens leg.
sickbyc.gif

Lol, I think my chooks enjoy the massage. I think it's funny how when we need a toothbrush for cleaning it is so easy to sacrifice hubby's. Mine hates to see his old tshirts cut up to polish saddles.
I just buy the generic Vaseline, cause you will go through quite a bit.

yes, i can see that. maybe i will get them and someone can give me a nice massage?? ya right. if he dont i will give him his toothbrush back and he wont be the wiser lol

IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET GROSSED OUT , SKIP THIS POST PLEASE !! ok, now that i have everyones attention i need to ask a couple more questions please. i did give the ivermectin to all the chickens But, probably not the way i should. i tried. the "paste" is gooey muck !! i ended up mixing it in some moistened feed. they love it. then i just dumped it in the run in a long skinny line. i know for a fact they all had some but not the dosing. i used about 2/3rds of the tube for about 50 bantams and it was all gone in 5 min. heres the thing, i saw one of them poop this morning and there were very tiny, very much alive, white hair like worms moving in and out of the pile. so ya, they definitely have worms.lol did i waste my time doing this? they have never been wormed except for pumpkin which i am assuming is a myth now. do i wait to use something else? are they supposed to come out alive? i have 75 total in different coops and i can not dose them individually. also, i have been saving eggs to incubate, are they no good? and my mother has thrown all my eggs away that were in the fridge.i dont think that was necessary.

One tube of ivermectin paste will treat 1250 one pound chickens or 625 two pound chickens, etc...

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom