Izabelle

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chickengal505, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    I knew she was specical. From the first moment I saw her. Sitting there, peeking at me through the bator window. Lounging on the un-hatched eggs in the carton, like a little queen. I layed my hand slowly in the bato as not to scare her, and she hopped onto my palm and fell into a deep sleep. I held her close and knew she would be something great. As I type, Izzy is "helping" me type, pecking the "q" and standing on the letters I need to use. As she grows, I'll add more stories and pics. BTW she will prob. be the only one for a while, I don't think her companions will hatch and the next batch is due next week. So wish me and Izabelle luck.

2. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    Hope the other hatches. Put a feather duster in her brooder for comfort. Chicks love to cuddle in their momma's feathers and this fills that need.

3. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    Quote:That is a super idea! My chick was not thrilled when she was alone with a stuffed octopus....so I went back to the feed store and bought her a friend. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by