Jacin's Fiber Art

What fiber are you spinning? Some is very difficult, while others are easier.
It’s from my grandma’s sheep, which are a mix of Shetland, Icelandic, and Border Leicester, with maybe some Blue face Leicester in there. :p They’re quite the mix!
I recommend buying a cheap batt once you're more comfortable spinning and just trying it.
That’s a good idea, I don’t think I have many wool/fiber stores near me though. I’ll have to look around.

It’s from my grandma’s sheep, which are a mix of Shetland, Icelandic, and Border Leicester, with maybe some Blue face Leicester in there. :p They’re quite the mix!
Okay. Try merino. It's usually decently cheap, and I have a easy time with that one
That’s a good idea, I don’t think I have many wool/fiber stores near me though. I’ll have to look around.
I'd reccomend etsy. You can search 'wool batt' and filter by price.

Okay. Try merino. It's usually decently cheap, and I have a easy time with that one
Okay, thanks! I have some silk that I’m afraid to even look at for fear I’ll ruin it 🙈
I'd reccomend etsy. You can search 'wool batt' and filter by price.
Ooo, I bet they have a ton of options! I just have to keep it away from my cat or it’ll end up like my roving… :gig
IMG_5714.jpeg

Okay, thanks! I have some silk that I’m afraid to even look at for fear I’ll ruin it 🙈

Ooo, I bet they have a ton of options! I just have to keep it away from my cat or it’ll end up like my roving… :gig
View attachment 3816362
Cats are real bad about that.

Silk is tricky. I've added some into my stuff for spinning, but most of the time I add it into my sale Batts because it's a more expensive add in that catches people's eyes

Pictures of the wool? If Jacin doesn't mind :oops: I am curious what their fleece looks like

Cheap is good to practice with but don't forget there can be different quality of fluffy, I have had a few roving that have been slightly felted with nepps in it

Oh wow that's cool! I have some great wool that I need to figure out how to clean/process and do something with. I work at a museum that preserves the Appalachian heritage so we have sheep shearing events and I grabbed some of the best quality wool from our last event. Thinking maybe felting would be easiest, but I need to figure out the cleaning process etcetc.

Pictures of the wool? If Jacin doesn't mind :oops: I am curious what their fleece looks like
Nah, go ahead. I like most of those breeds, so I won't complain about a pic or three 😆
Cheap is good to practice with but don't forget there can be different quality of fluffy, I have had a few roving that have been slightly felted with nepps in it
Yeah. And soft or coarse doesn't mean easy and hard right off the batt (haha). I got some Devon (very corse, very long) and it was very hard until I figured out the trick of getting the roving the size I want the yarn BEFORE it was twisted to get a somewhat good, even yarn

Back
Top Bottom