1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

jack got a friend today

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by mario2girls, Mar 3, 2008.

1. mario2girls

mario2girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2007
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i got jack from angie from maine,,,we finally found him a roommate,,,,

2. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Ohmigosh - what a cute little pygmy! What are you naming him/her?

3. mario2girls

Sep 5, 2007
    well , he said her name was ba-ba-ra
    lol
    i think we may call her jill,,,he is jack,,,but i have to wait for the ok from my sister in law...
    any other ideas welcome,,,could be fun to open it up for name that goat,,,,lol

4. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Looks like a Nigerian mix to me Kate...with blue eyes. Nice baby you got there is it a doe or wether? I love the coloring... which 1 is the new baby the chocolate or the little black? the black looks pygmy to me..the chocolate looks more Nigi. Very nice babies you got there...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  5. mario2girls

Sep 5, 2007
    jack in nigerian he is the blue eyed wether
    the female is a pygmy

6. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Quote:I was refering to the black...FYI

7. Chatychick

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    ok Kate I just read it...the little pygmy is so cute too...Jack is to prettyto be a wether...he would of made great babies with his colors...but she is adorable too...

8. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    She is so adorable, Wendy!! [​IMG] I love how her and Jack's face markings almost match. I'm glad you found Jack a buddy...but I might smuggle her in my car next time I come to visit, she is just so darned cute! Definitely has to be re-named Jill. [​IMG]

What does Jack think of her?

Chaty...Jack is whethered because he used to live with his sister.
    [​IMG]
    Jack and Mary [​IMG]

9. mario2girls

Sep 5, 2007
    he was all over her,,,,then he was jumping up and just when you think he is going to butt her,,,he doesnt,,,not even close,,,i dont know too much about goat behavior,,,so i was worried,,,,but i think he was showing off,,,he would jump on all his high level things and jump down,,,and then she did,,,,it was cute cute,,,,she has to move twice as fast as he does she has such short legs,,they said she was 6 months ,,,but she is alot smaller than he,,,,i dont know,,she also was kept with rabbits, she has alot of bite marks,,her ear is a bit sensitive and stiff from a bite,,,i am going to get to that tomorrow ,,have some stuff to put on it,,,it isnt open or bleeding or anything,,,seems like it is going to be a permanent stiff type ear thing,,,i am going to watch that,,,and feel her all over for more,,she has quite a few areas that need to be looked at,,poor girls,,,but she is cute cute cute,,,,lol,,i was going to say,,,if he continues to try and mount her,,,and i think she is going to get hurt,,we may need to get another wether instead,,,i hope not though,,,any thoughts?

10. Chatychick

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    They play like that all the time and it should stop when the new wears off...he wont hurt her by doing this as mine do it too...Theya re pretty goats...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by