"Jakers" The Wild Eastern Turkey

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by SterlingAcres, Sep 30, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:Agreed. I've hunted every season every year since I turned 12. My family has always had wild turkey for Thanksgiving. This year, I have way too much going on with this house and my inlaws to find the time to get out... so I made sure I reserved my bird from a breeder and I'm very happy with Jakers. By the way, we've NEVER shot a wild bird over 20lbs, so where was your son hunting...? Share the secret... [​IMG]

And Charlie, let me go dig out my photo album. I'll show you the buck I shot a few years ago... 150 yards, free standing, smoking a cigarette and singing. No, I wasn't drunk either [​IMG]

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Okay, so it's not a turkey, but it sure was a great hunting season... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Songster

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Wow! What kind of turkeys are they? I have 8 white and bronze broad breasted---anyone in MD interested??? [​IMG]

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [email protected]@2four :

Wow! What kind of turkeys are they? I have 8 white and bronze broad breasted---anyone in MD interested??? [​IMG]

Like the title says, they are 'Wild Eastern Turkeys'.​

5. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Quote:Stoooooop. Show off, show off. [​IMG]
    too bad my only deer is a 100 pound doe. [​IMG]
    I'm more of a duck hunter.

6. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Songster

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    Quote:Like the title says, they are 'Wild Eastern Turkeys'.

whoops....got caught up in the posts and forgot the title...sorry.

7. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG] No worries ticks, the buck itself wasn't huge. Just a big rack. He weighed about 95-100lbs dressed. My grandfather's brought back massive bucks from Saskatchewan that weighed almost 160lbs dressed.

8. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Songster

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [email protected]@2four :

Quote:Like the title says, they are 'Wild Eastern Turkeys'.

whoops....got caught up in the posts and forgot the title...sorry.​

I just supplied an answer, I didn't mean to sound snippy. No need to apologize.

9. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Quote:thats it? only 95-100?
    My neighbor this year got a 211 18-pointer with an 18 inch spread. Not bad for a VT deer.

10. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Songster

Shellie, that was one nice buck there you took [​IMG] ..You got me beat on the antler size.., ive only ever taken small 4-6-8 pointers(largest spread for me around 15-16" inside) shot a buck almost every in archery from age 12, that would come down to about 25 buck so far in my life time... he's got some nice head gear.. what kind of spread did he have.. Did you mount him by chance??

Charlie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: