"Jakers" The Wild Eastern Turkey

I'll show you the buck I shot a few years ago... 150 yards, free standing, smoking a cigarette and singing. No, I wasn't drunk either

lol Was the buck???​

Quote:
lol Was the buck???

LOL No... he was just stupid.

Haven't seen the hen again yet, but heard another gobble off in the woods. I'll keep an eye out for her.

Just an update on Jakers...

He's officially a pet. DH informed me that we'll be spending Thanksgiving with his relatives (oh joy
roll.png
) and Jake is just way too friendly. He's my little buddy now.

we had a pet tom turkey when I was a kid. Just wait till he starts looking for a girl.........my sister got chased thru the yard every year.
lau.gif

Haha Shellie. I knew he would turn out to be your little buddy. They are just to sweet to eat. LOL And well, pretty much everything from our farm ends up being pretty friendly. I was sad to see him go, but happy to hear you're keeping him as a pet.
clap.gif

Jody

The biggest of our six bronze broad brests, my 5 YO daughter named "Dinner",,lol,,, my little girl knows whats up.

Here on the west side of the state,it is not uncommon to field dress buck and does @ 200 Lbs. or more, expensive shrubs and flowers must be loaded with carbs or steroids.
Get a 2B tag and bring a slug gun if you want a meat hunt.

Quote:
Besides him being my little buddy, I told DH I'm not slaughtering a bird for his relatives. They aren't even worth all the work...
lol.png
Trust me, they're EVIL. In all seriousness.

Hopefully you guys will have a hen available next year for Jakers. He looks mighty lonely. He's peering threw his cage with wondering eyes at my chickens.
lol.png
It took him a while to adjust, but he loves to be hand fed. Grapes and bread crusts are his favorites.
big_smile.png

So, a few updates on Jakers. He's VERY friendly. Loves to follow me around inside the run. Wants constant attention and treats. At any rate, with the inlaws staying here, we've decided against attending the relatives Turkey Day dinner... but Jakers is still off the menu here. DH said he does not want to eat him. In fact, he wants to get him a girlfriend this spring!

A face only parents could love.
lol.png
He's out playing in the rain today.
2971911274_418938b8e5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom