jalapenos that taste like green peppers

jc17

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 10, 2013
Iowa
i planted green peppers, jalapenos, and banana peepers. i started them all from seeds bought from the store. for some reason my jalapenos taste just like green peppers but they are extremley hot. they get the same size as normal jalapenos. could any one tell me what is going on? thanks

jalapenos have a distinctive taste and its deffinatley not like green peppers. they taste 100% diiferent,

A friend of mine had the opposite thing happen from cross pollination. the green peppers were HOT!! I also think they taste completely different, but I eat a lot of peppers and am in love with the different flavors. In the future, plant them far enough away from each other so they don't get mixed up - squash will do this, too.

i planted green peppers, jalapenos, and banana peepers. i started them all from seeds bought from the store. for some reason my jalapenos taste just like green peppers but they are extremley hot. they get the same size as normal jalapenos. could any one tell me what is going on? thanks
Could be that some of your green peppers cross pollinated with your jalapenos!

Last edited:
thats also what i thought, but i did research and found that when they cross pollinate it doesnt change the fruit of that year. it only changes seeds for next years. not that could be wrong but thats just what i found.

Back
Top Bottom