Jam & Jelly swap! CLOSED - post when you receive yours!

JennsPeeps

Rhymes with 'henn'
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
South Puget Sound
Inspired by the thread about people's favorite homemade jelly , I'm organizing a swap!

***JAM, JELLY & BUTTER SWAP***

Please read this before signing up to participate.

This swap is not endorsed by BYC (owner, website, staff, etc.). The BYC Staff is not responsible and will not mediate if something goes wrong or a deal goes bad. If you choose to participate in a swap, it is best to know who you are swapping with and not to swap more than you can afford to lose.

The BYC Staff is sensitive because of past swaps. BYC wants its members to feel comfortable having fun with these and other social interactions, but please keep in mind that there were issues with some organizers and swappers bailing in the past.

Like any other interaction: Have fun, but be careful and safe!

***HUGE MONDO DISCLAIMER***
Eating foods that are home-canned is done at your own discretion. You must determine on your own if the item sent to you is safe to consume. BYC, the swap organizer, and the swap item's creator will not be held responsible for foodborn illnesses, allergies, or other health issues that may arise as a result of this swap.

***GUIDELINES***
By signing up for this swap, you are agreeing to send a half pint of your favorite or best homemade jam, jelly, or butter to another BYCer.

1. All home canned items must be canned safely, using the boiling water method and brand new flats. Jars sealed with wax and freezer jams are not acceptable.
2. Include the recipe for the item you are sending.
3. Write a note about why it's your favorite, plus where you got the fruit for the item. Tell us its story!

To join this swap, please copy the following questionnaire, put it in your reply and answer a couple of questions about yourself. Please post that you are *in* and then:

1. BYC name:
2. Any allergies
3. Type your initials here to acknowledge the "huge mondo disclaimer":

Please do not send your address until signups are closed. Once signups are closed, I will post for everyone to send me their address at the same time, so I don't lose them in the meantime. Be sure to watch around signup close time for the request post to be on this thread.

Packages MUST be mailed via Priority Mail and sent with delivery confirmation.

If you have any questions, please post to this thread and I'll get them answered asap!

***DATES***
Signup Deadline: Friday, July 31
Mailing addresses distributed: Monday, August 3
Packages to be mailed: by Friday, August 7

*** SIGN-UPS***
Those who signed up and submitted mailing addresses are:
1. Jennspeeps - RECEIVED & SENT
2. Buckhorn Farm - RECEIVED & SENT
3. FrenchHen - RECEIVED & SENT
6. Aleusia - SENT
7. JUSTUSNAK - RECEIVED
8. Nivrocco - RECEIVED & SENT
9. babymakes5 - SENT
11. Buck Creek Chickens - RECEIVED & SENT
12. TifsBroodyBabes - RECEIVED & SENT

Last edited:
Awww, this sounds awesome and I'm just about to pick sour cherries for jam. But I am notoriously, ridiculously horrible about following through on swaps and I do not want to have to flake again (as I inevitably would). I will not commit...
he.gif
I will not commit...
he.gif
I will not commit!
he.gif

Have fun with this. Now I'm saddened by my own slackerness.

1. BYC name: Buckhorn Farm
2. Any allergies NO
3. Type your initials here to acknowledge the "huge mondo disclaimer": GM

I am in Florida, I am offering Mayhaw (a tart jelly) which is a prized jelly of the deep south or Dewberry a lot like blackberry)which grows on runners of the ground so you have to stand on your heard to pick them (but worth it). Thanks Jenn I think this will be a LOT of fun.
celebrate.gif

YAY! We got a taker!! No need to submit what you plan to swap unless you're just trying to make people drool & join the thread.

On that note, I will likely send some fresh strawberry/rhubarb jam. Did you know that 80% of the (American-grown) rhubarb purchased in USA grocery stores is grown in Sumner, a city neighboring mine?

I just realized that I hadn't submitted my own info. So here goes:

1. BYC name: JennsPeeps
2. Any allergies: none
3. Type your initials here to acknowledge the "huge mondo disclaimer": JLA

hit.gif
I want to so bad but my Elderberry bush is just flowers right now and NO WAY will they be ready by July 2nd. Since nobody besides me seems to like Elderberry that may be alright anyway.
sad.png

1. Username: FrenchHen
2. Allergies: Sulfa Drugs
3. MBE

JennsPeeps, will there be PM's sent as reminders to ship?

I make a very tasty spicy peach jam....

Aw, c'mon! Surely the Canning Squirrel has something tucked away that she wants to share...

I was thinking of sending some of the vanilla peach jam I made last year since it seems like all of our seasonal fruits are really late this year. It's mid-June and the strawberries haven't ripened yet!

I did actually think about sending some of last year's supply.....but it is running low and my 9 y/o will have me lynched if we run out. I will check and see exactly what I have and make up my mind sometime before the deadline.
smile.png
Since they ripen later in the year it was pretty late when it was made and certainly not "old".
smile.png

Just for the record, the thought of vanilla peach has me drooling here!!
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom