James Marie Farms still around?

tricid

Songster
10 Years
Dec 8, 2011
N. Texas
Maybe an odd post, but is James Marie Farms still around?

This is going to sound like complaining, but it's not really. Mostly curiosity. Weird story though.

I made an order with them last year and they totally ghosted me after the initial order email. When I made the order I had fond memories of them being kinda the gold standard on jumbos ages ago, so this time when I made the payment I made it as a "gift" just to be a pal. Obviously that meant I had absolutely no recourse for my items never shipping. That is entirely on me. I shot them an email a few times, never got a reply.

I was searching back through my emails to get ages pinned down on some birds I ordered more recently and stumbled across one of my old emails I sent to them and it reminded me. Searched around in here and saw some history of health issues, email hacks and various other things and it just made me curious. This order was from around early march 2021 I think.

Note that the purpose of this post isn't to complain, trash talk, accuse or to try to get my money back. I just moved on after a couple months went by and ordered eggs from elsewhere. Truly is just curiosity

I haven't ordered anything from him for a couple of years now, and I had to contact him on his cell phone. I think he was tired of it all then, so he may well have retired. I know that his page got hacked at least twice and redirected to some online drug sales scam.

I didn't even notice their page was down now. Honestly can't remember for sure if it was when I made my order or if I just shot the old email address a message. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it was never him that responded though.

So he's not selling anymore? That's really too bad I have really been wanting to buy some of his birds direct from the source.

If anyone knows if he's still breeding for himself or selling off his website please let me know.

Thank you

Is the consensus that southwest gamebird is the go to for JMF coturnix now? Where else are people getting hatching eggs from good stock?

Is the consensus that southwest gamebird is the go to for JMF coturnix now? Where else are people getting hatching eggs from good stock?
JMF isn’t selling to the public anymore. He is basically quasi-retired. Southwest Gamebirds, Kansas City Quail Farm, and AJ Farms LLC breed JMF lines to the original JMF standards. I have ordered from SWGB and KCQF and been very happy with both. I consider them the top go-to for jumbo Coturnix. In my experience, Myshire’s jumbo wilds didn’t come close to the JMF from the other two farms in either size or temperament.

Back
Top Bottom