JAN 28th HATCH!!! Who's with me?!?

Quote:
I am actually on day 22 but.... The previous low temp has me concerned that I should back up that number. I do see a bit of movement (course it is REALLY hard to tell with the brown eggs and looking at a shadow inside of the egg). Just wondering how long I should give them before just saying I lost the bunch.

It does not happen all that much but it is not unheard of for eggs to go to 27 or 28 days if you have low tempe.. Leave them in the bator.. Unless one is stinky, what do you have to lose?
smile.png
Sending good hatching vibes to you!

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Thanks. I am learning a ton! Some from my mistakes and lots from reading everything! Guess We will keep looking and hoping. Thanks!

i have one tiny serama baby out and have 6 pips in the remaining 12 eggs still waiting for someone else to hatch and keep the little one company, its chirping up an unhappy storm in the incubator.

WE HAVE A CHICK!!!!!!
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

Please forgive the goop on it's poor little face.. It finally did come off but I haven't taken any other pics...

33603_2011-01-27_172822.jpg
33603_2011-01-27_172912.jpg
33603_2011-01-27_173016.jpg
33603_2011-01-27_173550.jpg

Boy I wish another would hatch... He sure is LOUD!!!
lau.gif

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Out of my 7 in the bator. One has hatched and 3 more have pipped. I have not seen any heads sticking out from under my broody. I will check her again tomorrow.

PICS! For those who need 'em
big_smile.png

First three pics while they were still in the 'bator. Didn't make as much of a mess as I was expecting, then again, there was only the 7 of 'em.
smile.png

Group shot
71252_group_shot.jpg

SO excited, is this a blue (possibly mottle?) and two lavs?
71252_first_hatch_1.jpg

Silkies at the back, bantam Cochins at the front
71252_first_hatch_2.jpg

The new brooder (yes, they are in there but they like their new 'momma'
lol.png
)
71252_the_new_brooder.jpg

I had a couple of scares with my older chicks and their cobbled together heat lamp, some scorched bedding etc and was too paranoid to leave the light running while both of us were out. Not so bad when they are 3 weeks old and you can bundle them up and leave them for an hour but I knew I couldn't do that with these babies. Though I thought this brooder wasn't cheap, it actually turned out to be cheaper than a proper brooder light set up and I won't have to be terrified my house is going to burn down when I go out.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

GG - Woohoo!What kind is it?

The ONLY thing I can think of is it's from one of my barred rocks because it came from a brown egg but it's legs are black?!?! I now barred rocks have dark coloring on the front of their legs.. Unless the barred rock roo got a chance at the hen, then it's a production red/speckled sussex x barred rock... I was told it would still be sex link.. ??? If so, it's a pullet...

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom