JAN 28th HATCH!!! Who's with me?!?

36357_167032_1818087214588_1312350088_2095703_7569836_n.jpg

36357_fortynine.jpg

I pulled the 3 early hatchers out so they'd stop knockin' around the rest of them. :c)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I had one start to zip, but then he died.
sad.png
At least I know they are still alive after today's temperature spikes. This chick wouldn't have made it even if it did hatch. There was blood, and the yolk was not absorbed.

Quote:
The ONLY thing I can think of is it's from one of my barred rocks because it came from a brown egg but it's legs are black?!?! I now barred rocks have dark coloring on the front of their legs.. Unless the barred rock roo got a chance at the hen, then it's a production red/speckled sussex x barred rock... I was told it would still be sex link.. ??? If so, it's a pullet...

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Humm...you must post pics of this "Sex Link" chick when She fluffs up a bit! My chick is drying off in the 'bator and I'm pretty sure I can hear the other eggs chirping!!!
woot.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
The ONLY thing I can think of is it's from one of my barred rocks because it came from a brown egg but it's legs are black?!?! I now barred rocks have dark coloring on the front of their legs.. Unless the barred rock roo got a chance at the hen, then it's a production red/speckled sussex x barred rock... I was told it would still be sex link.. ??? If so, it's a pullet...

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Humm...you must post pics of this "Sex Link" chick when She fluffs up a bit! My chick is drying off in the 'bator and I'm pretty sure I can hear the other eggs chirping!!!
woot.gif
ya.gif
jumpy.gif

Oh, most definitely!
smile.png

eta: WOO HOO!!!! I am officially CHICKEN OBSESSED!!!!! This was my 1000th post!!!!
lau.gif

Goddess
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
26773_first_hatch_and_first_banty_ee_eggs_011.jpg

3 in the picture, hard to tell much of anything but I wanted to share. The main one was first to hatch a BCM, the other two are mutts, but cute mutts. Crossing my fingers for more pips!

Back
Top Bottom