Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

Yes one of my silkie chicks from my broody silkie has pipped yes yes yes finally cant wait for their fuzzy butts. Oh and another is trying to pip also. Will post pics tommorow when i come back from school and when they are all fluffy!!! I can hear one chirpping

Yes one of my silkie chicks from my broody silkie has pipped yes yes yes finally cant wait for their fuzzy butts. Oh and another is trying to pip also. Will post pics tommorow when i come back from school and when they are all fluffy!!! I can hear one chirpping
thumbsup.gif

For the majority of my hatch I've been able to keep pretty constant temps of 102* (still air), with a few dips or spikes, but lately I've been having more spikes (up to 104*). It does go back to normal temp, but I hope I'm not messing up my hatch with all these spikes. Grr...
hu.gif

Day 14 so will candle again tonight and see how they're doing...

Last edited:

First Wheaton ameraucana out! It's a healthy little thing! It's so lonely in there with twenty other eggs. Chirping away. Poor thing doesn't have friends yet. That's what happens when you show a day early!! The others are wobbling! How's Cynthia's going? I know we are both due today :jumpy

For the majority of my hatch I've been able to keep pretty constant temps of 102* (still air), with a few dips or spikes, but lately I've been having more spikes (up to 104*). It does go back to normal temp, but I hope I'm not messing up my hatch with all these spikes. Grr...
hu.gif

Day 14 so will candle again tonight and see how they're doing...
I've noticed that it's a bit hard to keep the temperature stable around day 13-14. I think it's because at this point, they are starting to grow really well and can generate some heat of their own? That's the only thing I could figure out. WIll
fl.gif
for you!

First Wheaton ameraucana out! It's a healthy little thing! It's so lonely in there with twenty other eggs. Chirping away. Poor thing doesn't have friends yet. That's what happens when you show a day early!! The others are wobbling! How's Cynthia's going? I know we are both due today
jumpy.gif

Aww, cute baby. And I'm loving the blue egg! I want a blue egg layer out there in my back yard. I have an EE that lays the green/blue egg. It's nice having some color.

I have 10 out, and one working on it. Woot. I should get photos later. There are dark and light blue colors going on, and one is a chipmunk color. What? Must be a partridge coloring in the future.

Back
Top Bottom