Janie is Hurting, Advice?

i haven't read the all of the post but just wanted to say that worked as a vet tech(for 15yrs) in california with one of the best surgeons ever.we did alot of myelograms/Laminectomies esp. on dachshunds.90% them did great with strict follow up care such as pain medicine(not too much) and crate living.just make sure you find a really good vet,preferably a surgeon,not a clinic vet-there is a BIG difference and most will let you make payments(just like the vet credit you applied for).i do understand cost and surgery will probably be the only thing that will fix her at this point.wishing you the best in whatever you decide to do.
hugs.gif

Well, it's weird. We started her meds in the evening right? Gets her pill then a few hours later we all go to bed... when let out in the morning for a tinkle she's almost her old self... still some wobblies on that back left leg, but otherwise normal.

Then there's the afternoon before her pill where she's hobbling, hurting, and in general just sucks.

So... yeah... we cannot afford ANOTHER trip out to that vet... they've already gotten half our Christmas budget, if we go again then it'll mean not paying BILLS... which we can't do. But dollars to donuts if I ask for her script to be continued they'll do just like the last time and say can't do it unless we see her and you cough up another 41.50... in which case we'll have no choice but for her to sit here with no meds and pain. Guess it's worth a call, but I'm pretty sure I can predict just what they'll say. Which leaves us in a VERY uncomfy position. We could manage the cost of the meds, just not the vet fee every two freaking weeks...

Here's hoping they'll just renew the dang script...
fl.gif

UPDATE: Janie's been doing great... walking, running, rolling and romping. Wanting up on furniture (yes they're spoiled brats I know) but not actually trying.

But low and behold what do I walk in to find yesterday but Janie Doo up on the top of the couch! So, I'd say that qualifies as a full recovery. Now I just have to fret that doing so will hurt her again... but that was always a concern. Anywho just thought I'd share the good news and say thanks again for all the advice and support!

That's good to hear that she's doing well. My sis stressed for a long time about her Daisy jumping up on stuff and reinjuring herself, but finally decided she could either let her do what she wanted and take that risk and have a happy little weenie dog or keep her penned in a kennel all the time and have her be miserable....she chose letting her have fun.

So glad she is feeling better!!
cancan.gif

Can you try a deep step to the couch or her favorite furniture?
297.gif
At least she will not leap as far. It could help her but you'd have to teach her to use it.

Back
Top Bottom