Janky Toes On My Easter Egger

LaketownChick

Chirping
Mar 24, 2018
West Michigan
77748D6C-68AF-482A-B751-3DBE3EC57290.jpeg
2CE28638-FDF9-4B33-A722-65CE39282705.jpeg
What’s up with her toes? She walks, jumps, and runs just fine. They seem to hold weight they just kind of move with the ground as she walks. Idk how to describe it lol

My leghorn 7 week old at on both feet. I didn't really notice them like that until over a week old and they steadily got more curled/twisted. I bought him from Tractor supply. all the same age pullets feet are fine. your EE pullet is really pretty.

I got mine from Family Farm and Home. I didn’t notice hers until she was moved to the coop and in the run. I got her and three other chicks, she’s the only one with this issue.

My ee roo has crooked toes as well his two sisters toes are fine and all my other chickens toes are straight so its not a vitamin deficency, starting to think its a hereditary thing with easter eggers. He walks, eats, ect. Just fine even mounts my girls and the eggs are fertile! Hes a beautiful roo looks like a lemon mili fluer with the puffy arucana look, cant wait to see what the chicks will look like if i ever get a broody hen

My old RIR rooster had toes like that. Was like that when I got him (fully grown) and he lived a good long life before he passed. None of his offspring have it so far.

No clue on what causes it, just blamed it on my cousin raising his chickens up in the air in a cage with IMHO too big openings (1x1/2 opening).

Back
Top Bottom