Janoel 24. INCUBATOR EXPERTS PLEASE

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Saved By Grace, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Jerimnz

Jerimnz Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2014
    I have a thermometer that measures inside and outside temps. The one with the long wired probe. Anyway, I set that in the incubator to keep tabs on the temps and found that the 38.2 temp was too hot. The temps would reach 101 and 102. I adjusted the temps by this extra thermometer instead of the one that is on the lid. Some people use hygrometers but I just added a bottle of water daily and on lock down added two bottles daily and closed the little hole at the top. I keep an eye on the temp and adjust as needed. I have had great success with hatching chickens and have just hatched guineas this past week. I mark my calendar and other than the above info thats all I do.

2. Jacqdiva

Jacqdiva Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2014
    Hervey Bay QLD Australia
    I have great success with this incubator too. Though I do have it set to just 38.

3. WesInSF

WesInSF Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2013
    Boulder Creek, CA
    Hi there,

I accidentally went into system mode on the Janoel 24, and now won't exit. After 5 seconds it seemingly defaults out of it's system mode, but then when you hit the SET button again with the quick tap, not a 3 second hold, it goes right back to the system parameter you had on before. The RST button gives no result as well, and because it's in system mode, the heating element seems to not want to work. No idea what on earth I've done to make it do this, but any help would be appreciated, as I've found nothing online to correct this problem so far. Thank you.

4. Duckrooster

Duckrooster Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2015
    How can I make sure my egg turner is working right. Please help. Oh I have this model. Thanks!

5. Duckrooster

Apr 25, 2015

How do you know the auto turning of the eggs work. I am scared mine not working. Thanks.

6. Jerimnz

May 28, 2014
    I know its working because the metal prong that is inserted into the turning tray is turning and I can see the tray slowly move back and forth. Its not a big movement just enough to tilt the eggs a little back and forth. I am going to start setting eggs in a few days. Was just waiting for warmer weather.

7. Duckrooster

Apr 25, 2015
    I noticed it last night I was so happy

8. Krokan

Krokan New Egg

May 4, 2015
    Hi!

How do I reset to factory settings? I accidently changed the HU settings.

Thanks

9. Jerimnz

May 28, 2014
    Im pretty sure it resets automaticly when you unplug it

10. Mamashash

Mamashash Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2015
    East Texas
    So how have your hatchlings gone? Anyone? I wasn't sure about mine and just found this thread. Please give me some positives!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by