Janoel 24. INCUBATOR EXPERTS PLEASE

Pics

Saved By Grace

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Does anyone own a Janoel 24 incubator. I am new to hatching, and the instructions they gave me were shocking.

What im wanting to know is: Why is there a HU setting for the humidity if the humidity is controled by the amount of water? or is the Humidity controlled by that setting with the water?

Also, There is a little hole on top of the incubator that i can close and open. should i close this or leave it open?

I may ask more questions as this thread gets answered (if it does :) )

Should I keep my incubator at factory settings? Alow the water to determine humidity?

I am not a hatcher but perhaps @yinepu or @charlindabob or someone else can check in soon.

I have seen some references that new hatchers are keeping the humidity a bit high.

Thanks for the reply. Incubators keeping the humidity high? so the setting keeps it high? or does the water level determine humidity? or is it both?

thanks for your assitance

Just wondering if you ever figured your Janoel 24 out. I just got mine today and am checking the temperature. I see the little hole. The instructions say something about more humidity at the end of the hatch time so I would guess you close it. but its just a guess. How well does yours keep temperature? I have to get another thermometer to put in it to check. Have you hatched anything yet?

Udate. First hatch starting to pip and zip. Two zipped on day 19 4-5 pips. Temp accurate. Turner worked well. Closed humidity opening. Adding water daily. So for a more economical incubater its great.

Does anyone own a Janoel 24 incubator. I am new to hatching, and the instructions they gave me were shocking.

What im wanting to know is: Why is there a HU setting for the humidity if the humidity is controled by the amount of water? or is the Humidity controlled by that setting with the water?

Also, There is a little hole on top of the incubator that i can close and open. should i close this or leave it open?

I may ask more questions as this thread gets answered (if it does :) )

Should I keep my incubator at factory settings? Alow the water to determine humidity?

I have the same one. Yes the instructions are woeful!!! I read it all and decided as it says if you are not sure, go with the factory settings, which I have done. Just fill second water tank for lock down and shut the ventilation hole too. Hope this helps.:)

I too have this incubator. I added water daily into the first hole at the bottom front and when I put it in lock down I added water into both holes and closed the vent. I used another temp gauge in F to keep tabs on temp. You can use a hygrometer to watch humidity,I didn't . My first hatch of 15 chicken eggs I got 13 to hatch. The last 2 were not fertile. The next hatch I tried guineas and only one hatched. Most of the eggs were not fertile but of the four that were that's all I hatched. I noticed a temp spike a couple of times of over 101 so that might have been the problem. I'm going to try again soon. Will monitor temp much closer.

I have the same incubator, wondering what temp I should keep it at? I have it set 38.2 per instruction in box , is this too high? Also what did you maintain humidity at? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom