Janoel 24. INCUBATOR EXPERTS PLEASE

Well i used a wireless thermoter humidity combo, but a wired one is great, just stick the sensor in and your done

i use them always
Screenshot_20200328-210542_Amazon Shopping.jpg

pet smart has analog ones for like 7$ they are semi accurate

Anywheres that sells pet reptiles will have them

i got all mine at value village and thrift stores, of course they are all closed now.

The next one iam going to buy is this one because it connects to my phone and i can monitor anywhere
Screenshot_20200328-211245_Samsung Internet.jpg

The easy answer is 40%-30% untill lockdown then 50-70%

But it depends somewhat on the condition inside the room your going to incubate in, its best to run the incubator empty and dry without eggs for a couple days just to test the natural humidity of the room and incubator

Are you at a very high altitude?

You should start calibrating some thermometers too

The easy answer is 40%-30% untill lockdown then 50-70%

But it depends somewhat on the condition inside the room your going to incubate in, its best to run the incubator empty and dry without eggs for a couple days just to test the natural humidity of the room and incubator

Are you at a very high altitude?

You should start calibrating some thermometers too
Thanks, I’m not at a high altitude, live in the surburbs. What do you mean calibrating thermometers? Is that seperate and essential to have? The incubator has a thermometer, a bit confused.

Thanks, I’m not at a high altitude, live in the surburbs. What do you mean calibrating thermometers? Is that seperate and essential to have? The incubator has a thermometer, a bit confused.
So almost every thermometer is off a few degrees, some a few degrees high, some low, even the incubators can be off. So you calibrate a couple thermometers to get accurate readings

Heres a small post i made on calibrating thermometers, theres alot of articals about it on BYC its worth looking into

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...with-baby-photos.1345445/page-4#post-22123698

I have the same incubator, wondering what temp I should keep it at? I have it set 38.2 per instruction in box , is this too high? Also what did you maintain humidity at? Thanks
Your temperature should be 37.6. no higher. No lower than 37.5. and humidity 40% to 50% to start of with. And then on lock down day 18 to 21 put humidity to 60%to 70%. By just adding bit more water in. I own a janoel 48 incubator and a janoel 12 incubator. On my 48 incubator.i set my alarm for my humidity for 0 to 1% so the alarm doesn't keep going of. It's okay if it gets down to 20 or 30%. I check in on mine once a day.so on day 18 you put all the eggs down on the tray flooring. And let all the action bigin.

So you get a very accurate thermometer and put it in the incubator to see if it's reading the same temp as your incubator. If it's not reading the same temp.then your incubator is out of wack.so you just adjust your temp up or down as long as the thermometer is reading 37.6 inside the bator then that's okay.

Back
Top Bottom