Janoel 48 auto incubator vs hova-bator ??

jessilee87

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 10, 2012
hey ... i kno this thread has prob been said heaps of times but im goin to ask again :) ... i currently have a hexagon manul turn incubator and i wanna upgrade to an auto-turn one as im not home enuff for the turning ... which one do u think is better ?? and wat are ur hatch rates like with either one ?? i think im leaning towards the janoel but dont like the idea of no fan .... wat do u all think ?? any information greatly appreciated :)
cheers

I'm looking at the Janoel 60...has a turbo fan, and holds 60 chicken eggs. I'm just getting it for a hatcher, and I like the fact that it's plastic so it will be easy to clean. You can also see the eggs and babies from any angle, which would keep me from lifting the lid repeatedly to check hatching progress, lol.

Where can I see these? Never heard of them. 60 eggs? DH will faint
lau.gif

Ebay is where I'm getting mine. There is a JN2-60, and a JN5-60. One of them, (JN5-60), has a digital read-out on top, while the other one doesn't. I bought a JN2-60 last night, and it does have a turbo fan. Egg capacity is 60, and these units are the newer versions of the 48's. Mine was $115 with free shipping, and comes with a thermometer/hygrometer thrown in for good measure, so I think it's reasonably priced. Like I said, I'll be using mine as a hatcher, as I have the ReptiPro 6000 as my primary bator. I'll be running staggered batches in it and needed a hatcher. I used to use an old Lyon as a hatcher, but it bit the dust. It was very similiar to the Janoel, so hopefully I made a good decision. Beware: there is a unit on ebay that looks the same as the Janoel, but when you read the fine print it says it is by Compatible Poultry Farmers. I tried to do a search on that one and couldn't find anything. I also read somewhere to beware that there are imposters to the Janoel, so make sure it states it is the real deal...the CPF one obviously was an imposter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicken-Egg...047?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ce9a5467 This is the one I got.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicken-Egg...049?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ce9a5469 The one with the digital reading.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicken-Egg...050?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ce9a546a This is one of the 48's. They were a lot more expensive, and I didn't want to pay that for a hatcher. Also, it has little windows that limits the viewing pleasure of hatching babies, lol.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280707547186?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 This is the imposter.

I hope the links work for you.......

Ok...received my 60 in the mail today....cheap, cheap, cheap, CHEAP! I'm sending it back. The lid does not fit well, in fact the whole thing does not go together well. A homemade styrofoam bator would be better than this thing.

Good to know, I was thinking of getting one as a hatcher. Figured it would be easy to disinfect. Thanks for letting us know. I won an ebay bid for a used ReptiPro 5000, so I'm set.

Good to know, I was thinking of getting one as a hatcher. Figured it would be easy to disinfect. Thanks for letting us know. I won an ebay bid for a used ReptiPro 5000, so I'm set.

I bought a ReptiPro 6000 for my main incubator....so impressed with it, and glad I got it. But I need a hatcher. The Janoel was such a disappointment! No way would I try using it...would be disastrous. I too was looking for easy clean-up, and the ability to be able to completely observe all of the hatching without opening the lid. I'm getting one of the old Lyons....I love the clear dome, and I've had one before and it was excellent for hatching. Yep...don't waste your time or money, or risk your babies for such a piece of crap.

I LOVE the new Hovabator Genisus 1588 with the built in digital control panel on the top and large picture window. I just bought two of them. I had to get them off ebay because the manufacturer and all the other websites are so backordered right now on that specific one. They are so easy to use and are doing such a great job right now...

I'm resurrecting this thread because I was looking at the same janoel incubator for a hatcher until I read cheap, cheap, CHEAP. I love my new Genesis 1588 and my Brinsea Eco is OK, but I'd really like a plastic hatcher to keep the Genesis clean and I don't like hatching in the Brinsea at all.

Are there any good plastic incubators with a clear top for hatching that will hold 60 eggs?

My other option is to bite the bullet and sell both my incubators and buy a Dickey. Can't or don't want to spend the money since I have already invested, but I'm toying with the idea.

Becky

Back
Top Bottom