Janoel 48 auto incubator vs hova-bator ??

Yes I too wish there was one that held 60 or so That had the VIEW of the Brinsea Mini Adv...Its not only top view, but side view..SPECTATORS can get a ringside seat to the HATCH at a few inches without opening or disturbing a thing..Grand kids Love It ...Me Too...Brinsea Take a HINT...There are a couple more out there but I know nothing about Marsh and Lyons ; I have never seen one...cva34

Well I just googled them and the Marsh holds 18 eggs and the Lyon RX2 is $525 so I might as well get a Dickey or another Genesis and put in a plastic liner. The only plastic incubators I can find are the Janoel or the Top Hatch, and I wouldn't want to rely on the Top Hatch for hatching. Sigh....

Becky

Kindly, by this time alst after one year from the question I hope someone already tried both and can provide us a comparison any one else tried janoel and what do you recommend for 50 to 80 eggs incubator fully automatic .

Broke down and bought a used 1266 GQF cabinet incubator. I haven't put any eggs in it yet but it sure seems to hold a nice, constant temperature. I plan on getting a few chicken eggs for a test so I can work out all the kinks before my guineas start to lay in the spring.

I have the janoel 48. Today is my first day of incubation so I can keep you updated. I'm impressed with the stability of the humidity and temp. The turner works, but after the rotation, it turns to the same side every time. I'll be trying to get that replaced, but in the meantime I'll turn the eggs myself within the auto turner to be sure. I'd probably buy this again.

I've had some great hatches so far. I've never put too many eggs in at once but when the eggs have been fresh I've had 80-90% of fertile eggs hatch. Comparing that to some of the old eggs that I got at bargain prices...well...maybe still technically worth the money but no fun having so many pip and not hatch. The difference with the fresh eggs has been HUGE! I don't know how old the GQF is but it looks old yet holds a nice constant temperature and seems to do a great job.

I was also considering the Janoel 60 for a hatcher, but the cheap cheap cheap CHEAP made me think twice.I want a good viewing window. Doesn't have to hold a ton of eggs. I incubate in a Brinsea ECO 20, but I typically set upwards of 40 eggs inside. I just hate waiting 3 weeks and like to stagger.

The janoel 48 is NOT cheaply made. It's all plastic, has a wonderful digital display for humidity, temp, which day, and minutes until turner turns (every two hours). It circulates the air, auto turner, etc...I'm happy! Especially since I've had no problem with temp and humidity. VERY stable even though I open it a few times a day to twist the eggs in the turner (because I'm OCD) it takes just a few minutes to restabilize. I haven't had to add too much water either! I've contacted the seller about the turner going to the right after every rotation, and they said that is what it's supposed to do. What do everyone else's turners do? The one down side is that the 4 viewing windows are small. The heat element is on top as well, so viewing is difficult. I chose this one because of the TWO YEAR warranty, the nice digital display, and the temp/humidity stability. So I'd say get one! I have about 30 eggs in there, and very excited for my first hatch!

The janoel 48 is NOT cheaply made. It's all plastic, has a wonderful digital display for humidity, temp, which day, and minutes until turner turns (every two hours). It circulates the air, auto turner, etc...I'm happy! Especially since I've had no problem with temp and humidity. VERY stable even though I open it a few times a day to twist the eggs in the turner (because I'm OCD) it takes just a few minutes to restabilize. I haven't had to add too much water either! I've contacted the seller about the turner going to the right after every rotation, and they said that is what it's supposed to do. What do everyone else's turners do? The one down side is that the 4 viewing windows are small. The heat element is on top as well, so viewing is difficult. I chose this one because of the TWO YEAR warranty, the nice digital display, and the temp/humidity stability. So I'd say get one! I have about 30 eggs in there, and very excited for my first hatch!
I'd like to see what kind of hatch results you get. Do you have a separate thermometer and hygrometer to see if the digital display is accurate? What do you mean that the turner goes to the right after every rotation? It doesn't always turn the eggs to the right, does it? If so that would be very bad. Does it turn to the left and then immediately go back to the right? That might work but I've never heard of any other turner doing that. Usually they turn to the left and stop, then turn to the right for the next rotation and stop, etc.

Back
Top Bottom