Janoel

Well MisfitMarie, I think time will fly by the time i've got and set up everything so i think i will end up trying to do it as a christmas day hatch if all goes to plan. How are your maran eggs doing? How far along are they now? :)

Well MisfitMarie, I think time will fly by the time i've got and set up everything so i think i will end up trying to do it as a christmas day hatch if all goes to plan. How are your maran eggs doing? How far along are they now? :)
Cool! My hatch date is Dec. 5th, so I will have to try to time my next one as close to yours as possible...and we'll have to keep each other updated! It's only Day 4 for me, since I put them into the incubator last Friday. I'm super antsy! =)

I'm 2 days in front of you MisfitMarie - hatch date set for Dec 3 - hopefully we all have lots of new chickies in a couple of weeks!!

Oooo what are we all hatching next month then? Im going to risk it and buy the eggs off of eBay
fl.gif
, what are your favorite breeds that you keep or have kept in the past? As I'm new to the world of chickens i'm no expert but am thinking of getting Silkies, Buff Orpingtons or Silver Laced Wyandotte maybe even Marans what do you guys think there are just too many options when buying online? :)

I'm no expert either! We were given a silkie rooster earlier this year which is what started all this off!!! Thus far we have hatched a few of "Roger's" eggs - crossed with Isa Brown layer hens. Interesting watching the different colours coming through (Roger is dark grey).

This time we have some more of those eggs in, plus I was gifted some Silkie X Sussex eggs and also 2 dozen Silver Spangled Hamburgs. Fingers crossed for lots of lovely appaloosa type babies!

Next up I would like to get some Wyandottes & am looking for some Aracuana eggs......as soon as OH is over his surgery I need a LOT of new chicken runs finished...!!!!!

Oooo what are we all hatching next month then? Im going to risk it and buy the eggs off of eBay
fl.gif
, what are your favorite breeds that you keep or have kept in the past? As I'm new to the world of chickens i'm no expert but am thinking of getting Silkies, Buff Orpingtons or Silver Laced Wyandotte maybe even Marans what do you guys think there are just too many options when buying online? :)
FUN! I'll be a few days behind y'all, but I want to join in the fun! You'll have to let me know what breed you pick, I might just copy you. Hehehe. Silver Laced Wyandottes are pretty, and I love the color of Maran eggs. I'm a sucker for pretty eggs.

Last edited:
Not sure i can wait that long ;) and yeah Silver Laced Wyandottes look so pretty i think they are almost a definate if they are for sale when i buy my eggs!!

That is alot of possible chicks haha good luck, are you candleing today?

Yep - in about 10 minutes! Will let you know how we go...

I love the silver Wyandottes, and OH likes the gold ones, so I can see some of those maybe moving in next year. There are heaps of fertile eggs for sale locally at the moment, I am wondering if I will be able to find any once spring is over though.

The New Year's Hatch sounds like fun....I will definitely be in on that if my new incubators arrive in time!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom