Janoel

That sounds like a plan
big_smile.png
when i get home in the evening tomorrow i will set them to rest over night and then i will put them in on friday morning. Also if you dont mind me asking where are you? :) because the time is 21:30pm in england so we will have to work it out so we set at about them same time!
celebrate.gif
I'm soo eggcited ahaha
It is 13:50, Wednesday, over here! I just got done eating lunch. Haha. I'm in Washington State, USA.

That sounds like a plan
big_smile.png
when i get home in the evening tomorrow i will set them to rest over night and then i will put them in on friday morning. Also if you dont mind me asking where are you? :) because the time is 21:30pm in england so we will have to work it out so we set at about them same time!
celebrate.gif
I'm soo eggcited ahaha
OK... I had to look at a nifty time zone map for help. I am going to look out for your post late tomorrow night and be ready to set them! That should be morning-time for you!

Me too!
lau.gif

I think you're about eight hours ahead of me. It's 2:11 PM here, and 10:11 PM there. So I figure your Friday morning would be my Thursday night.

Oh yeah so I was thinking of setting them at about 7 which would be 11 where you are but i can wake up and put them in earlier if you would like me to? :)

OOOOOH YEAH! They're about a week older and much more developed. But those eggs are really, really dark... but maybe I'll try to capture a clip anyway. It's like their swimming around, cursing at me to turn the obnoxious light off. It's pretty fascinating.

We candled again last night (day 14) and could see some swimmers, I can imagine them shrieking 'who turned on that darn light'. Out of our first batch we had one at day 14 that was honestly doing laps around the egg at 100 miles an hour every time we put the light on it!!

Got 23 good ones out of a start of 38...fingers crossed most of these turn into little fluffies in a week.

When are your Maran eggs due to hatch MisfitMarie?

We candled again last night (day 14) and could see some swimmers, I can imagine them shrieking 'who turned on that darn light'. Out of our first batch we had one at day 14 that was honestly doing laps around the egg at 100 miles an hour every time we put the light on it!!

Got 23 good ones out of a start of 38...fingers crossed most of these turn into little fluffies in a week.

When are your Maran eggs due to hatch MisfitMarie?

THAT IS AWESOME! It's sooo exciting! My eggs go into lock-down Dec 2. Hatch date is Dec. 5th! You'll have to keep us updated!

Those 28 will likely make it too lockdown.

Hatch rate will depend your humidity during hatch. And a slightly lower temp. Good luck

Misfitmarie i am gutted, there is just generally no good news
barnie.gif
. Lets start with the worst news. Firstly the rhode island red eggs i ordered the seller wrote the wrong address on them so I've got to collect them from the post office. Then i got home really excited, candled my eggs that actually came and were poorly packaged and 1 maybe 2 have bubbles floating around in them, one is huge and has been squished into the polystyrene and is a weird shape (I will send a picture later) 1 is too dark to see into and 2 look fine. Finally the moisture meter (That said it was going to be delivered 3 days ago) says it is 90% inside. But i've got to look on the bright side two maybe three look good. So I might not put mine in till 7pm here. Sorry hope we can still do it kind of together and that hasn't messed up your plans too much.

Back
Top Bottom