January 2016 Hatch-Come Join Me

5 more days to get those chicks hatched for this thread. Trying to keep it open though for those who want to come back and post pictures of their chicks and even some as they grow and mature.

Well, 15 hatched overnight, and there's another 10 or so pips, so my hatch is finally underway.

This is how the tray looks when its in the bator

Aww
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
I love new babies.

My color explosion continues. These are 2nd generation in my inbreeding trial. Fathers are pure BCMs, mothers are red sexlink/BCM crosses. Same fathers for both generations. The one on the left is a coloring I haven't seen before in my chicks, and I'm amazed at how many of them there are too. ...24 so far.

My color explosion continues. These are 2nd generation in my inbreeding trial. Fathers are pure BCMs, mothers are red sexlink/BCM crosses. Same fathers for both generations. The one on the left is a coloring I haven't seen before in my chicks, and I'm amazed at how many of them there are too. ...24 so far.
Good looking

These are two of my January hatch.
The one on the left looks like he is going to ba a Blue Barred and the one on the right maybe a Blue Red ( he's blue but showing a rusty look to his head).

I smell a project in the works!

They're all gorgeous! :love I'm not having very good luck with my current hatch. So far, 8 out of 12 CL eggs are boys!:he I am quickly losing hope of getting my 2 girls that I'll get to keep!:/ Out of the remaining 4, 3 have pipped, but 1 at the wrong end. It's still alive so far. I'll help it out if no progress in 24 hours. I have a feeling that's the only girl of the group! Well, I HOPE there's at least 1 girl in there!! Praying for girls here!:fl

They're all gorgeous! :love I'm not having very good luck with my current hatch. So far, 8 out of 12 CL eggs are boys!:he I am quickly losing hope of getting my 2 girls that I'll get to keep!:/ Out of the remaining 4, 3 have pipped, but 1 at the wrong end. It's still alive so far. I'll help it out if no progress in 24 hours. I have a feeling that's the only girl of the group! Well, I HOPE there's at least 1 girl in there!! Praying for girls here!:fl

1f64f-1f3fc.png
1f64f-1f3fc.png
1f64f-1f3fc.png
hope so. Never know.

1f64f-1f3fc.png
1f64f-1f3fc.png
1f64f-1f3fc.png
hope so. Never know.

Well, 10 out of 12 hatched. Even the one that pipped the wrong end! But, sadly, they all look to be boys. All have the yellow spot on the head, no eye stripes. I guess I will keep them a couple weeks 2 make sure. My last male was at least 2/3 feathered out by then and crowing by 4 weeks, but he was from a different breeder. We'll see!

Back
Top Bottom