January 2016 Hatch-Come Join Me

Glad to hear everyone's eggs are doing good. Also glad to hear more being set.

Here hoping all hatch.

Hello everyone. I would like to join the fun. Just got my eggs today (shipped) and I'm letting them sit for 12-24 hrs before I put them in the incubator. Some are too dark to see much but most have a detached air sac. I will be incubating and hatching in a modified carton after doing much research. I got a big variety of eggs from a shipper who had good eBay reviews so I hope to have an okay hatch rate but we will see. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's success.
Melinda

I've these 10 eggs under a broody since new years eve so I think that means I'm on day 2. I was struggling to get fertile eggs off anyone so this lot are just of an old farmer up the road. He runs some roosters with a mixed flock and let me pick what I wanted from his eggs for sale basket. He doesn't know what fertility will be like this time of year so fingers crossed. I picked a nice range of colours anyway.

M
I've these 10 eggs under a broody since new years eve so I think that means I'm on day 2. I was struggling to get fertile eggs off anyone so this lot are just of an old farmer up the road. He runs some roosters with a mixed flock and let me pick what I wanted from his eggs for sale basket. He doesn't know what fertility will be like this time of year so fingers crossed. I picked a nice range of colours anyway.

My rotten broody swapped nests and left her eggs. :(

Looking at the difference of day (almost 6 eggs) and the clears, I should be able to tell the difference quite clearly tonight from the winners and clears.

So I'll do that, and then recheck on Monday night.

I THINK I only have 5 or 6 fertile of 22! Geesh.
Nope ...only 4 developing out of 22!

Last edited:
I just put them in the bator today! I have been doing more reading and I might not wait 7 days to start turning. What do you all think?
Melinda

Back
Top Bottom