January 2017 Hatch-a-long

I candled early today and all looks good a little hard to see as they are quickly filling up the egg as it is day 16, still on track for a Jan 3rd hatching can't wait, really excited about this clutch of eggs.

I am ECSTATIC!! my babies(call ducks) are on day 13 and I try to candle them every couple days just to make sure they are still alive and I just candled 1 an I SAW ITS BEAK
1f603.png
its so freaking cute! I can't help but love them already but my boyfriend is a complete jerk and he's like I don't get excited until they are out of the egg and healthy blah blah blah! Oh well that's him! I'm beyond thrilled and excited! I'll post a recent candling video when its done uploading to YouTube
z

Be careful on how many times you candle you could actually do harm to your babies, just thought you would like to know.

I hope you have a wonderful hatch

Joining
I ordered 6 ancona duck eggs and put them under my broody chook until my incubator arrived.

Two were cracked in freight, I Waxed them and put them under chook, she accidentally cracked one beyond repair, one was clear, one passed early day 4ish and one was rotten 2 days under chook.
Day 8 the incubator arrived, set up and tested for several hours
The two remaining eggs placed in.

Just started day 9.
Due 18th January, so we will be late to the party.

First time owning and hatching ducks

Soooo excited!

my quail eggs have been cooking in the bator since christmas day. candled a few and thought I some small veins. so hopefully a good sign.

I have been looking for cream legbar chickens or eggs. came across a craigslist add for some near me. I ended up with 5 hens that were laying and a young cockerel.

but she had eggs for hatching as well. My incubating addiction took over so I got this while I was there.

6 and a half dozen legbar mainly and black copper maran. and a couple welsummer eggs.

Last edited:
Well going into day 18 which we all know as lockdown, I candled the eggs to see how the little babies are doing it looks like one may be dead but that happens could have just been a weak one, I am going to leave the egg in cuz you know I could be wrong! You know it is funny this is my second hatch and this time I am not as crazy as I was the first time. The last time if the bater was a degree or two off I was adjusting it and just plain being neurotic about everything and driving my husband crazy, this time not so much, watching everything carefully but not being overbearing. I feel much more settled this time. Wishing all who are expecting good luck, have great hatches.:ya

Well going into day 18 which we all know as lockdown, I candled the eggs to see how the little babies are doing it looks like one may be dead but that happens could have just been a weak one, I am going to leave the egg in cuz you know I could be wrong! You know it is funny this is my second hatch and this time I am not as crazy as I was the first time. The last time if the bater was a degree or two off I was adjusting it and just plain being neurotic about everything and driving my husband crazy, this time not so much, watching everything carefully but not being overbearing. I feel much more settled this time. Wishing all who are expecting good luck, have great hatches.:ya

Good luck. hope your hatch goes well

Back
Top Bottom