January 2017 Hatch-a-long

Emu egg update:
There is nothing to update.
1f615.png

He was rockin' and Rollin' earlier this evening. Now I guess he's sleeping. I can hear him scratching around in there... Its now been 27 hours since he internally pipped. Still plenty of time before I have to start worrying.....
Seriously, I'm freaking out.
1f628.png

Emu egg update:
There is nothing to update.
1f615.png

He was rockin' and Rollin' earlier this evening. Now I guess he's sleeping. I can hear him scratching around in there... Its now been 27 hours since he internally pipped. Still plenty of time before I have to start worrying.....
Seriously, I'm freaking out.
1f628.png

I'm hoping for the best selfishly. I'd love to see a picture of your new emu once it breaks free!

Was really hoping to wake up to at least one pip today - is that too much to ask, little birdies? Just one? Ah well, an exercise in patience ensues. And speaking of patience (okay, not really very patient here) has anyone ordered or been collecting eggs for their next hatch????
1f423.png
1f601.png

Was really hoping to wake up to at least one pip today - is that too much to ask, little birdies? Just one? Ah well, an exercise in patience ensues. And speaking of patience (okay, not really very patient here) has anyone ordered or been collecting eggs for their next hatch????
1f423.png
1f601.png

I'm about to start searching for eggs for my next hatch. I'm hoping to get some Crested Cream Legbar eggs locally!

I'm about to start searching for eggs for my next hatch. I'm hoping to get some Crested Cream Legbar eggs locally!

I have been looking at the same breed - kind of bugging a local breeder about getting some from him (fertility this time of year is a bit of an issue, and most breeders don't want to send you home with duds.
1f603.png
) But, I'm also getting some shipped heritage BRs to infuse new blood into my flock, a few misc eggs for a friend, and hopefully a few more Bielefelders. Trying to fill the incubator for a "last hatch" of the season.

I have been looking at the same breed - kind of bugging a local breeder about getting some from him (fertility this time of year is a bit of an issue, and most breeders don't want to send you home with duds.
1f603.png
) But, I'm also getting some shipped heritage BRs to infuse new blood into my flock, a few misc eggs for a friend, and hopefully a few more Bielefelders. Trying to fill the incubator for a "last hatch" of the season.

I am also looking for new blood, but I tend to hatch mostly mixes. I sell pullets as a job since I'm a full-time commuting student, so this next hatch will be nowhere near my last for the season lol

I 'kind of' promised my sweet husband I would stop for a while. I will probably wait until the last of the cockerels from my Feb batch is processing size and then begin again. I can't believe the high percentage of males I've been hatching out lately...ah well, freezer will be full come June! Praying for at least a few layers in this next hatch!

Back
Top Bottom