January 2017 Hatch-a-long

Thank you! I will try the damp paper towel. I put vasoline over the membrane and cranked the humidity up to 60%. I haven't seen any movement though

I wrote a little memoir piece about the beginning of my chicken experience if anyone's interested
1f603.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/joy-in-the-journey-a-little-chicken-ownership-memoir

I feel bad for my one little chick that hatched... It's lonely! I tried bringing one of the one week olds that my broody hatched but then I just had one confused chick and one screaming loudly for its mama! I'm not giving up hope on my BCM, fingers crossed it hatches today... ugh

I feel bad for my one little chick that hatched... It's lonely! I tried bringing one of the one week olds that my broody hatched but then I just had one confused chick and one screaming loudly for its mama! I'm not giving up hope on my BCM, fingers crossed it hatches today... ugh
You have no idea how many hatchery chicks I have gotten to keep company to lone survivors of shipping and such.
hmm.png

I also tried taking one from another close aged brood and had the same experience as you.

Come on BCM!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom