Ugh... I've resorted to babywearing! Lol
Now your just rubbing it in our faces!
tongue.gif
tongue2.gif

love.gif

I've named her Fiddle Dee Dee...
So adorable!! Congrats!

Just set this week's haul of BCM and Cream Legbar eggs
Those are gorgeous eggs! Can't wait to see the babies! I'd also be interested in a few of the bcm eggs when you decide to sell!

Not all my quotes came through! I'm sorry for the dropped eggs. 2 days to hatch - unless you see blood, I'd just keep the humidity up and hope for the best!

I had the New Years hatch, as it was finishing up, a few days (I thought) later, I set a few more. I forgot to set up the Hatch a batch, so when I remembered that I wanted to, I tried to guess what day I had set them. Last sunday I locked them down. Nothing. All week. I have new eggs to set and wanted to use the Brinsea, so I set up another bator to move these eggs to, just in case. When I picked one up, it was chirping and wiggling. Well, they all got moved to the Incuview yesterday, and a few hours ago, the first one hatched. I have 3 more pips. I was a FULL WEEK off in guessing on when I set them - so yes, you can lock them down a week early and still have them hatch.

All but 1 of these eggs had an Ayam Cemani roo with a white EE hen. The first 6 I hatched from that pairing were all solid black - they have black feathers, skin, feet, beak and now comb - black. The one that just hatched is yellow feathers with black skin - could be interesting!

So adorable!!  Congrats!

Those are gorgeous eggs!  Can't wait to see the babies!  I'd also be interested in a few of the bcm eggs when you decide to sell!

I learned when doing a bunch of research after my BCM roo threw 3 brown chicks (he's thrown a multitude of black too) that it means he has a wheaten gene in his lineage. Genetically speaking, the black genetic should always be dominant, unless the black roo has some impurity somewhere. So, in an effort to clean up the line, I wont be using him to breed w my BCM hens.

I had 2 more babies hatch over the weekend. 4 total babies for Jan, a buff orpington, a silver penciled rock, and 2 Swedish flowers.

Swedish flower #1 is the little one on the right, silver penciled rock on the left coming out from under mama heating pad.

This is Swedish Flower #2

Swedish Flower #2 again with the silver penciled rock and my big buff orpington in the back. Even the little flowers have found their way to the top of mama heating pad at just a day old! They will get names eventually, the flowers definitely need flower names
smile.png

So I've been hatching my own eggs for a while now and been very susessful. But recently something has changed. So my tempurure is 97-101 and humility is 36-40 wondering if humdity is to low???? But anyways I put some eggs in on Jan 17,18,19,20,21 and I candled them and all but one is growing. And this 1 egg put in the incubator on Jan 21 doesn't look like it is a week old, it's very fetus and red blood veins. Has anyone experienced some thing like this before???? Do you think it could have been to cold in the coop, and not being collected right away after being laid, could it have possibly made the eggs duds???? Because near the 21 of Jan the weather warmed up significantly. Anyone got any similar experiences ???

So I've been hatching my own eggs for a while now and been very susessful. But recently something has changed. So my tempurure is 97-101 and humility is 36-40 wondering if humdity is to low???? But anyways I put some eggs in on Jan 17,18,19,20,21 and I candled them and all but one is growing. And this 1 egg put in the incubator on Jan 21 doesn't look like it is a week old, it's very fetus and red blood veins. Has anyone experienced some thing like this before???? Do you think it could have been to cold in the coop, and not being collected right away after being laid, could it have possibly made the eggs duds???? Because near the 21 of Jan the weather warmed up significantly. Anyone got any similar experiences ???

Hi, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I could understand collecting the eggs on different days..... but why set them all on different days? Won't that mess up your lock down and hatch timing?
hu.gif

Only thing I know of is that cold eggs do sweat when brought up to temp. And sweating can decrease hatchability.... but that would be if it's cold warming up, not warm cooling down. I don't think it could sweat on the inside.

Have you already checked out the learning center? There are so many good links just within the one I am posting. But if you scroll down pretty far you will see a section called "Why break out and analyse hatch debris". It might answer the question you are asking.
smile.png
Here is a really good link in case you haven't....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

Good luck!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom