January 2021 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Here’s the baby
90F2021B-F53D-45CE-9A9B-9FDA7142DF01.jpeg

So did the Trader joe egg ever hatch ... or no?
Sadly not. :( It quit on day 20 but never seemed to develop quite right from the beginning. There was still a ton of space in the egg even at day 20. I didn't bother crack it but I'm sure it was underdeveloped.

The other chicks almost all hatched, 5/6. 6th one was malpositioned and never internally pipped. I've been meaning to take some pictures and post hatch results. Hopefully I can make that happen tomorrow.

Sadly not. :( It quit on day 20 but never seemed to develop quite right from the beginning. There was still a ton of space in the egg even at day 20. I didn't bother crack it but I'm sure it was underdeveloped.

The other chicks almost all hatched, 5/6. 6th one was malpositioned and never internally pipped. I've been meaning to take some pictures and post hatch results. Hopefully I can make that happen tomorrow.
Sad about those two. But 5/6 is still a great hatch. Gotta send pix of all five fluffed up :jumpy. or did I miss it?

Hello all. I'm joining in. I set eggs on june 4th and had 10 quail eggs and 20ish chicken eggs. I got the quail eggs from a random sign on the road and threw them in. Day 10 I candled and saw nothing so I tossed them all but kept one just in case. Well today is day 19 and I just remembered I need to take out my egg turner. Imagine my surprise when I opened the incubator and found a lil tiny quail. Thankfully she wasn't hurt by the Turner. Only a Few chick eggs were viable out of my chicks. I'm pretty sure that is from a temp problem I had around day 12.
I recently got a nurture right 360 I was just using a little giant. I stopped back and grabbed some more eggs. They appear to be fertile although I'm not 100% sure but I'm going to put those in today. Where the quail eggs are smaller is it okay to put multiple eggs in each little section of the nurture right? The directions are vague. Will they turn correctly?

Attachments

• received_751534855481124.jpeg
    received_751534855481124.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom