Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, this would not work for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't matter to me.

• I don't normally participate anyways.

• Total voters
Well the post office says that the eggs i shipped have arrived, i havent heard from my recipients. this is my first ship so i'm VERY curious about my *AHEM*.....unorthodox....shipping method. i hope they all arrived okay, but......i dunno..

I got my eggs today too. They all looked good. You did fine packing them.

ok people Don't you understand that as you are reading certian "things" peak your interest...like when someone says...AHEM ...unorthodox packing method!!! Will someone PLEASE SAY what that was?? I'm not nosey...ok yes I am! plain and simple...but its like not hearing half a joke....or something worse..Help me out here would ya!?!? HOW were the darned eggs packed? that was so unconventional? work with me!

well due to my lack of packing tape and having never shipped eggs before, i used copious amounts of duct tape around my bubble wrapped eggs. my goal was first and foremost embryo safety, so the bundles looked pretty much like large blobs of silver. i was curious to know if this worked. to say the least, the lady at the post office raised her eyebrows when she saw the bundles. i was surprised she taped the box and sent it on its way. so i suppose it wasnt THAT unorthodox, but that look on the post lady's face kinda scared me. didnt want to offend any duct tape hating recipiants out there.

hmmm did you worry about suffocation? I did when I bubble wrapped mine to ship....just wondering I got some in toilet paper then carton then bubble wrap NOT suffocated...lol Wonder what is bestAny ideas?

I originally started packing them that way because of fear of suffocation , I figure someone got paid a lot of money to design that carton so egg's wouldn't get broken I just added the paper to take away the wiggle factor. Hope they were all in tact.

I've received eggs packed a lot of ways and those in cartons actually seem to do OK if they are packed tight so they don't wiggle. I DO think eggs need air and packing them tight in plastic or bubble wrap may not be the best way. The 2 batches I got shipped from eBay were all done without bubble wrap around the eggs and so far I have 10 out of 11 and 9 out of 12 developing. The ones that didn't develop were inferior eggs - 3 were very porous and one had a bad lump on one side. So that's one thing I have learned - I will now start candling all my eggs before I mail them. Sorry to my swap partners if I sent you bad eggs!

I live 50 miles from Louisville KY and 84 miles from Lexington, KY. My eggs from farmer chef have been sent to Lexington KY after 2 nights in Louisville. It seems anything from the South East portion of the U.S. just gets shuffled everywhere. This is not the first time this has happened.
I think I'll be a little late getting started on my batch hatch.
idunno.gif

Waiting
caf.gif

Waiting
pop.gif

Waiting
th.gif

Hoping
fl.gif

They'll make it....I know.... I have Faith.....
yesss.gif

I guess my timing wasn't too bad. One of my shipped boxes reached it's destination yesterday, the other is out for delivery this morning. I hope they arrive safe & viable.

Julie

I originally started packing them that way because of fear of suffocation , I figure someone got paid a lot of money to design that carton so egg's wouldn't get broken I just added the paper to take away the wiggle factor. Hope they were all in tact.

Did your eggs arrive in good shape yesterday? That was my first attempt at shipping eggs. I didn't want to over wrap or over tape the eggs. I've cracked one in the past just trying to remove the tape and packing material. I hope they made it ok.

Julie

Back
Top Bottom