Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No, this would not work for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't matter to me.

• I don't normally participate anyways.

• Total voters
This is how I wrap mine. I start with a smaller box, I crumple newspaper in the bottom. Then I make a sleeve of bubble wrap around the eggs because the eggs are porous, they need to breathe.

Then I crumple up more newspaper and fill in around the sides of the box so the eggs are tight in there and won't move.

Then newspaper crumpled on top before I close the top of the box.

Then I close the box, tape it up, and write what's in it on the top of the box. These were Muscovy eggs sent to a customer.

Then I get a larger box, crumple newspaper and put it in the bottom to create a cushion. Slide the smaller box into the larger box. Then stuff newspapers down between the sides of the boxes. to create a cushion. Then more newspaper on top of the inner box and close the outer box.

Top box is closed, taped up and shipped off. I have had NO broken eggs since using this method. It's a few pennies more expensive but its worth the peace of mind knowing that the eggs aren't going to get to their destination broken.

Laurie

like that idea :) :) . I'm always worried will my eggs reach their destination or will they get lost in the mail??
hu.gif
its nerve wracking is what it is lol.. Hate when they get lost and then its like 2 days later when the person gets them. Now sometimes though they do get to their destination just fine. Sorry lol not trying to make anyone anymore nervous. Breathe :) nice deep slow breaths.. and try not to kill the post office workers lol
smack.gif

This is how I wrap mine.  I start with a smaller box, I crumple newspaper in the bottom.  Then I make a sleeve of bubble wrap around the eggs because the eggs are porous, they need to breathe.   

Then I crumple up more newspaper and fill in around the sides of the box so the eggs are tight in there and won't move.

Then newspaper crumpled on top before I close the top of the box.

Then I close the box, tape it up, and write what's in it on the top of the box. These were Muscovy eggs sent to a customer.

Then I get a larger box, crumple newspaper and put it in the bottom to create a cushion.  Slide the smaller box into the larger box.  Then stuff newspapers down between the sides of the boxes. to create a cushion.  Then more newspaper on top of the inner box and close the outer box.

Top box is closed, taped up and shipped off.  I have had NO broken eggs since using this method.  It's a few pennies more expensive but its worth the peace of mind knowing that the eggs aren't going to get to their destination broken.

Laurie

That looks similar to my boxing, doesn't it Laurie ;) I try to make it elephant proof!!

Hubby went to the Post Office to drop off some boxes of eggs that I had to ship out and LeasureChix's eggs to me were there!

YAY! So no more worrying Julie! They're here! I'll open them after dinner!! Woohoo!!

Laurie

Got my "MYSTERY" eggs from shellyga!!! They are awsome! She sent 18 cortunix quail and 3 lil brown speckled teeny weeny cute as a button eggs that I am not sure which kind of quail...but I am thinking buttons?? Gotta go look for comp pics!! HEHE Christmas in January!!

Back
Top Bottom