Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't matter to me.

• I don't normally participate anyways.

• Total voters
Well POO! Sorry Laurie!
sad.png
I don't know what the problem was. You packed well, none of the air cells were broken. Not a single one of the Silkie eggs developed. The 3 LF all are developing really well.

I've always had a problem with eggs that come to me in egg cartons. I don't know what it is about them. But usually its that the air cells are broken. But that wasn't the case with these at all. The only thing I can think of is that the Post Office zapped them. Maybe the reason the 3 LF eggs weren't affected was because they were under the egg carton. Got me. Hope the PW's are going well for you!! Have a great day hun!

Laurie

I don't know if it was the shipping or the power being off for three hours, but a lot of my eggs have zero development or blood rings. Bummer,:-(

I know I'm ahead of you all since I got my eggs earlier. Of the three eggs that developed, one quit. The other two are still going strong though and are due on Saturday. They are two of the lemon cuckoo splits. Cross your fingers for a boy and a girl!.

I did a quick candle last night and pulled 7 Iowa Blues and 1 IB/EE - from the looks of the sloshing inside I'd say they froze. Got a few of the swap eggs that look iffy, but I won't pull them yet.

i've candled a few times. i have to turn the eggs by hand so its not that big of a deal if just slip them over a flashlight for a few seconds right?
hide.gif

the bantam bonus egg from SCG is developing nicely. i cant see through the shell of any of my green eggs (on pins and needles for those) and it looks like many of the others are doing good. a few of the eggs from peeperkeeper dont look like they developed, the air cell (?) just follows me around when i turn a few of the eggs. they look like those toy eyes that always look up no matter which way you turn them (i hope you know what i'm talking about) and there isnt any veining so those are quitters i guess. the wyandotte egg is looking good though. i think. its not as far along as the others but it looks like its still developing. i think "R" is either a quitter or the chick inside is just too small for the egg. there is a big dark mass of (developing?) chick in there but it doesnt take up a lot of room. i guess i can check when i get home from school. school computers rock. yay radio and Tv class.

Glad some of mine are developing for you. How about the white egg, those are always neat to be able to look through. Once you reach lockdown it should be very easy to tell in the green and dark browns what is viable and what is not.

Here's my report: Farmer Chef... Lots of veining in 70% of White eggs, can't tell too much about colored eggs. The big white has super highways of veins growing in it.... Sure you didn't send me a turkey egg? Or Alligator?
ep.gif

Then: Chick Among Us... Green eggs are always difficult for me to see, but I found definite "spiders" in some and ??? hints in others. Will give them more time.

Eagle the Hen Pecked. I tried some of my own. I'm about 50% fertility. Now we have to see if they continue or quit.
fl.gif
I had some 3 weeks ago that just looked like swirling blobs....Right now they are chirping and running around in their brooder.
jumpy.gif

Hang tight everybody!

gig.gif
Oh I would love a gator egg...I LOVE GATORS...and I dont mean those tiny pet store ones!! I am talking Loiusianna Bayou Big ones...I even named my dog gator...I want to start a gator farm(my fav meat to eat) but DH says NO
idunno.gif

Here's my report: Farmer Chef... Lots of veining in 70% of White eggs, can't tell too much about colored eggs. The big white has super highways of veins growing in it.... Sure you didn't send me a turkey egg? Or Alligator?
ep.gif

Then: Chick Among Us... Green eggs are always difficult for me to see, but I found definite "spiders" in some and ??? hints in others. Will give them more time.

Eagle the Hen Pecked. I tried some of my own. I'm about 50% fertility. Now we have to see if they continue or quit.
fl.gif
I had some 3 weeks ago that just looked like swirling blobs....Right now they are chirping and running around in their brooder.
jumpy.gif

Hang tight everybody!

Back
Top Bottom