January Hatch-a-long 2018

Scott, I know you had silkies, but I had silkie eggs once, and I said "so they will hatch on day 19?" and she said 21 days, so I think they can hatch as early as day 19 but maybe later, just sit on your hands.:idunno Also you have to wait until all of day 21...

Last edited:
Hellllllo my lovelies!!!! Oh my word between editing wedding photo's, hatching baby chicks (with issues) and all of the other of life shenanigans I have not had a mo to get on here. Sooooooo here's the skinny :

All of the OE's did GREAT, with only one needing assisting. Out of my 5 Marans eggs 2 have not hatched - I took a closer look at them today (Day 22) and saw that they quit a while ago - because Monique (one of my BCM's) lays such a dark egg it is IMPOSSIBLE to see, so those two should not have made it into lockdown. Saying that the Marans eggs were like Bloody Fort Knox!!!! Geeeez Louise they turned into cement and after one little pip that membrane turned into plastic - I have NEVER seen such shrink wrapped chicks in all my life!!!! The Sweet did his magic with helping and saved all 3 shrink wrapped Marans (one had pipped down at the wrong end - THANK YOU SO MUCH @gimmie birdies I have learned to check for air both sides of the egg now ... something I completely missed before lockdown. So out of my BL/BL I got a Blue, a Black and a splash chick - go figure!!! Two of the Marans has completely wonky legs so got wrapped legs this morning and they're already doing SO much better ... only time will tell if these ones will make it long term - literally the little black Marans was laying on it's side for about 15 hours moving only it's little head and it's eyes were all completely grey like it was dead. I jacked up the humidity and prayed ..... so happy he/she is up and doing it's little chicken thang'!!!

So here are some chick pics!!! Soooooooo good to catch up on everyone's news. @Scott - tell me when is a good time to get eggs and I will pop them in the post ....

Soooooooo everything is now alright in the world because here's a picture of an 24hr old OE chick ........ I just LOVE chicks in tea cups :love

IMG_5261 2.jpg

So here are the bunch that have just been moved to the brooder ... the little lavender looking chickie is my only BLUE Marans color chick
IMG_5243.JPG

And here is ICU with two rescued Marans and one rescued OE - the big yellow one is the OE the other two (with bandaged legs you can't see) are the Marans

IMG_5250.JPG

IMG_5246.jpg

Happy hatching to everyone out there .... I will defo be joining the feb hatching joy :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom