Japanese bantam egg production?

My little Tiny (her name) just laid our first little egg. She was so proud of herself. I have no Roos but when I see her every morning she gets in her crouch position for a little pat & is so adorable. I'm enjoying her very much. I have 2 other bantams, a Cochin Precious & a golden brahma Millie that are laying as well. Tiny's eggs are smaller
1f414.png
1f414.png
1f414.png
1f414.png
. I'm loving my girls! Big eggs & small ones...it's all good.

Congrats on that first egg! Our little Japanese bantam lays precious wee eggs, too. She has been broody most of this summer. -actually purchased a newly hatched bantam cochin chick and placed underneath her one day. She took to it wonderfully, and has been the best mother! - so sweet to watch the tiny little bit with wee mama.

TXchickmum, it's hard to believe these little chickens lay these delicious eggs!! I have a total of 17, with 4 being bantams. I have 3 young barred rocks & 10 full size hens. They are all laying pretty good & I've figured out my feeding for everyone. We are building a pavilion outside our run for watching as our girls are very entertaining!!! We are hooked. It's getting time to clean my coop now. I have been using the deep litter method in our coop & it's working really well. I know this thread is about feed & such, but is anyone else using this method??

Back
Top Bottom