Japanese Bantam Thread!

I was recently ordered a Japanese rooster for my flock. I know he isn't show quality but he meets other requirements I have. He is a blue splash color. My question is about that, I've not seen that color offered for sale anywhere. Is it a new unaccepted color for the breed or is it more likely hes a mixed mutt?His body type and size is right for the breed.

Thanks

Does anyone know what this color is known as......my friend is getting some chicks that look like this? Where can we find out more about the colors?
ImageProxy.mvc

Does anyone know of a color to call this japenese bantam... Her/his mom is a black tailed buff japenese and dad is a white cochin, she/he has a few feathers on its feet and she is only 4-6 weeks old, she did not have her tail up in this pic...Please reply

Last edited:
Dose anyone have Japanese for sale now or in the spring? I'm trying to find good breeding stock that I can afford, being a WA 4Her but it's hard:( can anybody help:D
Also I have a Japanese I'm breeding to me models. What will I get?:/

Hello everyone,
If y'all could please help me out on finding good breeders to get any of these japanese bantams in chicks or pairs /trios( will take eggs if tri color) tri color , mottled in blue and/or black , duckwings,gray. They will have to be shipped to NC. Any and all help would be nice. I have PMed Terry in Pa but have not heard from him ( as I know he is on the go kinda person) anyway I searched the web and hatcheries come up and over seas stuff. I am looking for good quality birds as I would like to show. If the birds are right I'm flexible on price. Thank you for any and all help -love reading the thread.

I'm looking for the same thing it is really hard to find nice birds. Do you know about Tom Chandler? verry pritty birds. I'm going to try to get some from him in the spring.:weee

Last edited:
No have not heard about him. Does he have a website or something telling what he has?
As to the tri's I'd be happy for breeder/pet in them I just love the color. Thanks and good luck to you on your search.

Back
Top Bottom