Japanese Bantam Thread!

Hi guys,
I had to share this with you . Today we candled our eggs> Me who never wanted to breed my Japanese and I saw a set of eyes inside the eggs. I have never heard a rooster crow over his wife laying her egg and we could not kill them by eating them. So we diligently bought an incubator and we put her first eggs in there . When I saw those tiny eyes staring back at me my heart melted.

Oh yeah we will Never do this again ,Sure>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

haha it happens all the time..... ur avatar i just read heaven is for real and when the boy was talking about how God looked i pictured him differently but when i got to the end and actually saw the painting it shocked me i almost have this loving fear of the way he looks!

Update- The little one on the right of the 1st 2 photos are my first JB ever to hatch here a few weeks ago - & Had no clue what I would get with feathers....

This is that JB this evening (flash kind of drown out the coloring) will take a much better photo tomorrow w/ my actual camera.

& Welcome to the world the 2nd JB to hatch here!!!! Just a few days old now

How very kind of you to comment on my Avatar. In real life Jesus is my
God and this picture I know little about except that as an artist I could never do something this Grand. and yet I know He Him. He lives in my heart.

If anyone on here is interested I have some japs to sell need to sell out asap as I am getting married in June and just dont have the time nor extra room for them most are priced at $25 and up per bird, I can also ship!! I have straight feathered and frizzle feathered. Colors- gray, black mottled, blue mottled, splash, brown red project birds, and millie fleur project birds.

We are looking for some quality starter Japanese Bantams. My wife was given one then a second on by her husband for Easter.(uh,that's me) She is completely fascinated with them. We do not understand colors yet can anyone tell us what color the Rooster. When I got him for her he was a dark Grey and now he is even darker with some of the most beautiful ochers and reds and dark ochers with red high light coming in subdued by the Grey. What color is he and his wife is white with a grey tail and one tiny feather of red under her wing on her white body. Please would you help me under stand the colors and the genetic basis for them.

We are looking for some quality starter Japanese Bantams. My wife was given one then a second on by her husband for Easter.(uh,that's me) She is completely fascinated with them. We do not understand colors yet can anyone tell us what color the Rooster. When I got him for her he was a dark Grey and now he is even darker with some of the most beautiful ochers and reds and dark ochers with red high light coming in subdued by the Grey. What color is he and his wife is white with a grey tail and one tiny feather of red under her wing on her white body. Please would you help me under stand the colors and the genetic basis for them.
The hen sounds like a Blue Tailed White. The Rooster Im not sure of. DO you have pics of them?

How very kind of you to comment on my Avatar. In real life Jesus is my
God and this picture I know little about except that as an artist I could never do something this Grand. and yet I know He Him. He lives in my heart.

Amen!

Here are some of my favorite photos of Christ. It is Easter. :)

And one of my DH's and my favorite pictures.

Last edited:
Update- The little one on the right of the 1st 2 photos are my first JB ever to hatch here a few weeks ago - & Had no clue what I would get with feathers....

This is that JB this evening (flash kind of drown out the coloring) will take a much better photo tomorrow w/ my actual camera.

& Welcome to the world the 2nd JB to hatch here!!!! Just a few days old now

Oooo, aren't they just tiny and cute? I just love my little one, and it's staying so tiny. I really don't think it's going to get very big. I thought the Seramas were supposed to be the smallest chickens. LOL.. I love that light baby of yours here. You will have to post the coloring as it comes out. Will be fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom