Japanese Bantam Thread!

Agreed. I think they are very alert just not a rooster to risk their life for hens. Lol. Yes mine doesn't fly much but I've had him fly on top of tables and stuff 2-3 ft but they arent the flying type but i agree they do stay very clean and just are docile frim my experience. I just have one roo and it took me almost six months to discover his breed. I got him for free i wss im shock due to his exotic looks!

I don’t have any mottled birds, only btw, btb and black. I’m tempted to order some mottled chicks from Ideal Poultry but my last order was insanely heavy on male bantam chicks, 17 of 20 were male. But they are of very nice quality, at least in my opinion. So if you do decide on day olds instead of eggs, order extras.
What did it cost you for 20 of them if you dont mind me asking?

I have really enjoyed this thread and all the great photos included. I would like to find a source for some mottled Japanese bantam eggs for later this spring (late Feb - March) and wondered if anyone might be able to assist me in this.
I really would likr to find my JMP a JMP a wife and breed them z i cant find any locally so i will have to probably order this breed online if I want more....i just have a black mottled oegb hen possibly mix part japanese but she doesnt have same colored the classic prety bright yellow legs stand out so much more than other color legs lol

Question on this breed and spurs: whst age did your roos have signs of spurs showing? I think my rooster was despurred. Had him almost obe year he had been able to crow since i have hsf him and still no sight of spurs..nothing

Question on this breed and spurs: whst age did your roos have signs of spurs showing? I think my rooster was despurred. Had him almost obe year he had been able to crow since i have hsf him and still no sight of spurs..nothing
My boys are about 7/8 months old and just have small spur nubs. I suspect they will get longer after spring and full maturity, and I’ll have them trimmed up. But they also had spur buds, from roughly a few months old. It’s odd yours wouldn’t.

Baby Japs in the incubator at day 8, probably 6 or 7 of them by my best guess on egg IDs of btw, btb, or black combos. So when do yours hatch out? Seems most Bantams finish cooking at day 19/20 by my obsessive research while I count down the days.

My boys are about 7/8 months old and just have small spur nubs. I suspect they will get longer after spring and full maturity, and I’ll have them trimmed up. But they also had spur buds, from roughly a few months old. It’s odd yours wouldn’t.
I suspect he had his removed because i got him in the early mid summer and he was fully developed in summer crosummernd had no signs of spurs then and now still nothing!

Back
Top Bottom