Japanese Bantam Thread!

Looks like you may be correct. Leg color and comb would obviously eliminate the Japanese bbt. Thanks so much. This is the 4th species of chicken I'm led to believe she may be. We'll see! Thx
Good luck! I’m sure you’ll know by the time she’s grown, a developed comb will definitely help confirm the breed.

I believe I got a Blackstailed Buff Japanese bantam by accident. Can y'all confirm? It's a far cry from the red star she was supposed to be, but Heady's a firecracker and my new favorite bird. Got it from a feed store and it's an Ideal bird. It's one of their clean leg bantams (bantams and red stars were in the same bin). She ain't afraid of the big girls like the other pullets. Don't think she'll be bullied. Seems too cool to be. She's almost 6 wks old.

She is a pretty little one no matter what breed she is, not a Japanese though.

Hello everyone! I just got some Mottled chicks a week ago. I am raising them for exhibition and breeding. :)
Could some of you wonderful peeps give me info on what to look for in exhibition birds and stock?

Your best bet is to look online for the information you want. The internet is the best place to find information on any breed. This site also gives good info. Click on gallery, above-you might find what you want.

Are these long-legged or short legged Japanese cockerels? 9weeks
20181119_174540.jpg
20181119_174733.jpg

Just sharing some pics of my babies. One's a cochin, they all grew up together and get along really well. They're three months old now and are the sweetest most friendly bunch I've ever had, they are truly a joy to raise and watch grow. I swear if I'm not out there in the coop with em I'm somewhere else looking at pictures of them haha

IMG-7369.jpg
IMG-7316.jpg
IMG-7405.jpg
IMG-7391.jpg
IMG-7386.jpg
IMG-7387.jpg

Thanks! I'm lucky to live in Hawaii, if I had to deal with keeping em safe from frostbite and all that it would be a whole other ballgame...

Back
Top Bottom