Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics
it depends for names- name them whatever comes to mind
smile.png

... the japs are my daughters so she named them- cronos and amber- BTB, flower and sugar Btw girls, abominable the white roo, we lost snowflake the white hen. We have mottled- raven, pepper, king and prince, oh and another one i cant remember but she would... LOL... and an older pair of mottled that we got last year- haven't named them but i call them the ol'couple.

one of there babies wont stop peeping when you pick it up, etc so its name at the moment is yacky doodle.

I named my black-tailed Japanese cocks after the 3 Musketeers characters -- Porthos, Athos, Aramis and D'Artegnon (D'art for short). Unfortunately, Porthos and D'art passed away a while ago, and so there are two Musketeers mustering on.
sad.png

Also have two BTJ hens, Lily and Posey. Can't tell them apart though, so I call them both LilyPosey.
big_smile.png

My son gave all his black japs Japanese names... (he is also an Avatar the last air-bender fan)

Jet -our rooster
Katana - our original hen
Zelda
U-A
Suki
Toph
Saka (a roo we hatched but gave away)

Quote:
I named mine japenese things like sushi and osaka. They are great chickens!

I LOVE the Japanese name theme
smile.png
know of any other Japanese words/foods/objects??

Quote:
I named mine japenese things like sushi and osaka. They are great chickens!

I LOVE the Japanese name theme
smile.png
know of any other Japanese words/foods/objects??

Hmmmmm Tokyo. And are Samurai (sp?) japanese? Wasabi is a kind of food they eat. And of course they use chopsticks!

When I purchased my bantams some weeks ago there were two little yellow Bantams that we didnt know what they were...that is until now. Our mystery chicks are two black tailed Japanese bantams...I am so excited!! lol...the one is so tiny we call it 'little chicken' and the other cried for the whole first week we had it we call it 'cry baby'.

My question is do roos grow and feather faster than hens?? These two are only a few weeks along (same age) and one is feathering and growing much faster than the other...I keep thinking one has got to be a roo.

I am bummed by this also as I have two close neighbors so I have to rehome any that are roos...
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom