Japanese Coturnix German Pastel Discussion Thread

How cool! Is it a big breeder or just ebay or? Im sorry if im coming across nosey but i bet its JMF stock like mine :)

And @el dorado quail ! Robbie got those germ pats out the ears! :lau

...not the best photo but you get the idea, in the sunlight (which we never get in N Ca) she is a pinker color....

never posted a photo this way to this site so here goes nothing.....

I would almost call the lighter ones like that "cream" instead (discussion page pending!) but this is more art than science with so many genes intermixing. It's gorgeous either way! As are the ones next to it. :D

Can you see my old German pastel male WAAAAAAY in the back tucked behind the blue tux female?
IMG_20180930_095756306.jpg

This is their daughter, who I think carries both German pastel and blue
IMG_20181227_144459385.jpg

Also, here's a roux dilute (left) and a German pastel (right)
IMG_20190720_224128175.jpg

And the same germ pat chick next to a recessive white (right)
IMG_20190720_224053176.jpg

...to Turk, I figured Louisiana....I named her out of respect for her origins. I found a breeder on ebay who is such a gentleman and so very nice I felt confident ordering from him. His handle is cajunboy. He was really great and packaged up those babies like a champ. Didn't stop the postal service from destroying most of them but I got five so I'm okay.

...Hey Complex...please breed the daughter bird in the second photo, she is just the most stunning bird! She should be a supermodel quail!

...to Turk, I figured Louisiana....I named her out of respect for her origins. I found a breeder on ebay who is such a gentleman and so very nice I felt confident ordering from him. His handle is cajunboy. He was really great and packaged up those babies like a champ. Didn't stop the postal service from destroying most of them but I got five so I'm okay.

...Hey Complex...please breed the daughter bird in the second photo, she is just the most stunning bird! She should be a supermodel quail!

I figured that out when i went back n saw her Cajun name :lau :oops: sorry! I was thinkn u might be local so i had to go do some digging :oops: your Not :( thats okay tho i like my internet friends just the same :D

Supermodle quail! i love it!

Cajunboy (Acadiana Aviaries) is where I got most of my nicest stock from too! :woot You're the first person I've found who's also gotten some from him.

And thank you! Her name is Soren, she was the second quail I ever hatched. She's thrown tibetans, blues, and a scarlet(?!) with different males. She has beautiful eggs but they're a little on the small side so her chicks are smaller than I'd like at hatch.

I don't think I've ever seen a scarlet, can you share a photo? I know these little rascals are hard to take pictures of....if I had a nickel for every picture I have of a feathered rear end I swear I'd be able to move to Texas and do this full time!

....I was very happy with the colors I got from Cajunboy but those birds are mean! Instead of colors I'm thinking of trying to breed for better dispositions....

Today is lockdown, so nervous and excited, wish me luck!

Sure thing! They'll get their own thread too at some point but I'll stick one here.

These are all Soren's :) I think the male fertilizing them switched halfway through the egg collection, which is where the two red range came from. A blue, a silver (same gene), two red range, and the scarlet is all the way on the left.
IMG_20190224_151023076.jpg

And the same bird is on the right here as an adult. She honestly kind of just looks like a red range here but I can't find the better pic of her color at the moment. She is BRIGHT red comparatively.
IMG_20190516_174403537.jpg

Back
Top Bottom