Japanese Coturnix Quail Color Varieties!!!!

Pics
juerga: that is a beautiful color. I agree with heritageseekers a better photo would be great. And maybe a description of what the color is. Did you breed the color yourself? If so what colors did you use to get this color? Also, do you happen to sell them or did you buy them from someone who sells them. Thanks! Sorry, lots of questions I know!

This color is a mutation of sprenkled, I bought hatching eggs from a german breeder who got this color from switzerland, But now he removed this one, someone said because of inbreed,
The ground color is ivory with black pearls
The ambition is a quail without yelow or brown plumes
The folowing picture is a female

This color is a mutation of sprenkled, I bought hatching eggs from a german breeder who got this color from switzerland, But now he removed this one, someone said because of inbreed,
Inbreeding leads to either death in egg or infertility and often the birds that hatch have alot of leg and eye problems. The coturnix in Alaska are beginning to show serious problems. Fertility in shipped quail eggs is a problem due to postal handlers. So far I have had 5 shipments and hatched about 60 chicks from over 300 eggs. The best have been JMF. I have my bator full right now with my fingers crossed as after this hatch I have to move on to the garden.

Very nice. Thank you for posting a well lit photo. Would love to see how your program develops with this.

I was able to get silver From silver parents but gave up as they didn't make more than normal japs here and longer to sex is a problem. When breeding.
My chicks hatched pure silver they were almost lavender. To dark grey.

I'm going to be using a rotational breeding program to avoid too much inbreeding. I plan on having three maybe four families. My question is this: What is the makeup of the color known as Rosetta? Does it have the lethal yellow/gold gene involved? If so, I won't be using these for breeding, at least not from both sides at the same time. Make sense?

Back
Top Bottom