1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Java Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by usschicago1, Feb 3, 2010.

1. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Wow lots of info...Thanks chickendaddy!

2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Did anyone read about javas in backyardpoultry last year? Thats when i fell inlove with them

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:I'm so sorry to hear that, I really hope you can get some more.

4. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    Quote:I'm so sorry to hear that, I really hope you can get some more.

I will, I'll have at least two batches of eggs from BYCers and I'll be hatching out my own Black Javas(if I could just find where she's hiding them) [​IMG]

5. zephyrcreek

zephyrcreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Yale, Michigan
    I have Black Javas and one White Roo. I hatched out three sets of eggs last year from 2 different breeders. I'm pretty impressed with these guys so far. They were late hatches so I'm still waiting for them to start laying. Hopefully soon so that I can start incubating.

6. heritagebirds

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    Quote:Are you going to sell eggs? [​IMG] I'm hoping to get some from a bunch of different people.

7. zephyrcreek

zephyrcreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Yale, Michigan
    Yes I will have eggs for sale later this year. The weather is still frigid here, and we want to do a few test incubations ourselves.

8. heritagebirds

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    Quote:[​IMG] I would like to be on your list, please. I am waiting a few weeks, at least, as I just lost a batch that were due to hatch last weekend; I'm not sure if I could convince any of my girls to sit on them, and I don't trust the power...

9. encorepistol

encorepistol Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MO
    These are from King Phelps and not my birds. Thanks Rareroo for the contact info.
    [​IMG]

10. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Yep, King sent me that pic too and the blacks and whites. I will get a dozen of each next month if not later this month.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by