Java Thread

Pics
Evening to All... I would breed what you have for starters and then decide what to cull. Critical breeds haven't really been worked with, in the respect of making them standard. Folks have them, but really don't work with them, toward improving the breed. That's our job...the few folks that realize the changes needed to make them winners in everyones eye. I'm glad in someway that this thread is limited to fewer posters that could help make the java the best they can be. It's not about numbers...It's about quality first..... that takes time through generations....then the quality bred numbers can follow. In my opinion.

~ bigzio

Hello All, This year I have hatched off several Black Java and several Mottled Java. I assumed that the white in the wing feathers would leave after the first young bird molt, well this has not happened. I have looked at pictures of Males from Dr. McGraw and they all had white in the wing feathers. My question is this accept as normal or is it a major Fault ? Thanks, Don

Just took some new pictures of our flock. We bought them as day old chicks from Duane Urch. They're four months old now. No eggs yet, but we expect them to start in early fall. Hope you like these pics!

40359_dsc01027.jpg

40359_dsc01039.jpg

40359_dsc01050.jpg

40359_dsc01037.jpg

They are friendly with the cochins, as you can see!

40359_dsc01047.jpg

40359_dsc01024.jpg

40359_dsc01054.jpg

Quote:
Ours had wing feathers tipped with white, but as you can see from the pictures above, the new ones grew in black in their most recent molt.

Love those birds to. I am trying to find mottled Java eggs and having a terrible time finding them.

Does anyone have them to sell right now. I am only looking for 6 eggs. I know it's hot but I will take the chance of them arriving ok if anyone will take the chance of shipping to me.

Karen

Nice looking birds Engteacher...yep Duane is a great place to start. Way to go. We all will be helpin the breed return to it's glory...We really all need to thank Duane for his leadership....It could (java breed) of been lost forever. Foundation breeds can never be lost, or they are gone forever.
~bigzio

Thanks Bigzo,

I think I'll try to breed what I have for the whites then, and try to breed them back to the original standard (when they were in the book, that is). I really like my roo and his girl, they're so friendly.

EngTeacher, your blacks are so beautiful!

Evening to Everyone. I know we can bring this wonderful breed back to being popular. While it really lost favor because of the black pin feathers during processing. That should be the last issue one needs to worry about today...in my opinion. The breed truly is different and yet wonderful in so many ways.... the ability to meet my needs is tested to extreme in my eyes....what a wonderful breed being saved!
I'm in for the saving and keeping this breed thriving for the better. They really are something to work with. I really love the javas, and glad they are still here for all of us to enjoy. ~ bigzio

Back
Top Bottom